• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to put longer fenders on my M35 cab. Aside from M54/M809, what other 5 tons?

Trango

The title says it all. After 5 years of the 8.3's intercooler sticking out past the frankendeuce bodywork, I finally have time and money to put longer fenders on.

Korean- and vietnam-era 5 tons are the obvious choice, but what else might work? The main interface I need to accommodate and plan around is the curve of the cab where it meets the hood.

dmetalmiki

I can't quite fathom out why you need to extend The mudguards..(fenders) some pictures of what is causing concern, and the required "look"? would be helpful in getting a better idea of what you are trying to achieve.

Trango

Are you extending the whole front to match the M800 series trucks?
Answering both you and the previous poster, that is exactly what I am trying to do. The 8.3 engine+radiator+intercooler package doesn't fit into the engine bay lengthwise, and so I've had to do without a proper grille for more years than I am excited about. I would really like to replace all of that with M800 series stuff, but that said, if there is another option with a more unique look, I would love to learn about it.

Thanks for any brainstorming!

Trango

So, as an addendum, it's not just the fenders, but also the hood and side skirts. But, it sort of starts with the fenders, as they anchor the whole apparatus, not least of which because they connect to the cab, the frame, and the grille area. Once I have the fenders, if I need a hood, I can always fit on an M800.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks