• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need your opinions

hdmax

In this picture I am just holding the light in place to get an idea how it will look. Sorry for the great photography!
In the second picture you can see the lights that are currently in the rear bumper. I am considering getting another set of these LED lights to replace both rear facing red lights.

So, what do you all think? I already know I am nuts, so just opinions on the lights.:cookoo:

Attachments

zout

In appearance it looks like the rear was boxed in for whatever reason - and maybe a good reason !!

The additional up to date lightling - I just have to agree with the other member - I prefer the military housing and lighting - what is on there looks out of place and stands out.

You paid for it - its your call and your truck and you are the one that needs to be satisfied in the end.

stampy

Depends, If you are wheeling in areas where you might rip them off, or back into something, then the protected ones are best. Otherwise either or.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Stampy, the mil lights are more vulnerable to damage (and more expensive to replace).

tm america

You could use the recessing tubes from a hmmwv to mount them recessed. but remember they are 50 to replace instead of 10 like what you have now..

hdmax

At the rear of all cars manufactured after 1967, and pickups after about 1970 side marker lights are required to be red at the rear side fender/bed, and amber at the front side fender/bumper.
With that said, I do not believe orange/amber lights are allowed at the rear corners. (Regardless when it was manufactured.)

I like it. I would suggest maybe changing the lights or reflectors on the corners to orange. [thumbzup]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Why not just drill and tap holes so you can cover the round lights with the MIL cover? I have some lenses I can donate for the cause if ya want. That way you only have the cover sticking out and not the whole housing AND you can use the cheap lights.

hdmax

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I already have the LED's and am not using the whole light, I removed the tub, and just going with the light part, it will stick out maybe 3/4" or so. I am thinking about using some 1" angle iron for a little protection.

If I was going with tube lighting, I would just stick with what I have, but I want a more military look.

Why not just drill and tap holes so you can cover the round lights with the MIL cover? I have some lenses I can donate for the cause if ya want. That way you only have the cover sticking out and not the whole housing AND you can use the cheap lights.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and suggest the HMMWV light buckets recessed in the bumper/box looking structure.

Last edited:

hdmax

I have looked around on the net for the HMMWV light buckets several of you have recommended, but Have had no luck. Anyone have a picture to post up here? I would like to see what you are talking about!