• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I No Buy Today.....U?

ARYankee

Ohh I wanted to and bid on a bunch but there some folks out there with deeper pockets. It just means I've got more time to save so one day I'll be the one everyone is complaining about :)

ARYankee

I heard that. When I did bid this morning and called to tell my wife, she seemed a wee bit angry so not getting anything may very well be a blessing in disguise.

91W350

There was a couple of 5000 dollar five tons at Ft. Riley. I went over to look at them...they were nice, but out of my range. Not sure what they sold for, last time I saw them, both were in the high 4900 range, with a couple of hours left.

bassetdeuce

There was a couple of 5000 dollar five tons at Ft. Riley. I went over to look at them...they were nice, but out of my range. Not sure what they sold for, last time I saw them, both were in the high 4900 range, with a couple of hours left.
I know there were quite a few lots that went for nearly twice what they should have. Common sense was out the window in these cases. I didn't bother with this event.

dk8019

I picked up a decent looking Deuce in KY. Nice and close, and I think a buddy already wants it, so it probably won't stick around, but it went for nothing for as nice as it looks. Out the door, taxes, GL and tags for under $1400. Air shift, heat and a new CARC job, can't beat it with a stick.

Attachments

nhdiesel

I picked up a decent looking Deuce in KY. Nice and close, and I think a buddy already wants it, so it probably won't stick around, but it went for nothing for as nice as it looks. Out the door, taxes, GL and tags for under $1400. Air shift, heat and a new CARC job, can't beat it with a stick.
YOU GOT MY DEUCE! :-D I did a baaaaad thing. That was the first one I bid on, right near the end. Then it went up (still a GREAT price, in my opinion...) so I bid low on this one:
MY DEUCE

Got outbid, wasn't surprised, so I put one more bid in then went to play a game. Checked my acct. a little while later, and was shocked to see I got it for under $1200 (out the door). Hopefully it runs and drives. I have a friend who was in the military and did some mechanics while in, who is going to check it out for me, and if its drivable, do the recovery and hold onto it until I can pick it up. At least it looks much nicer than my last win (that I haven't even seen in person yet), for less money!

And those highway radials will be MUCH nicer to drive home 1100 miles. I can see me cruising at 80 with the AC and cruise control on. Ummm, wait...what am I saying....oh god, what did I do??????

Jim

dk8019

Jim,

Sorry about that, I almost bid on a few of those that had been singled out, but stuck with this one as we needed a cargo cover on it. Not a bad deal on those, a few in KY look to have went real cheap. The M35A3 went for somewhere in the mid $8000 range.

nosliw

that was a clean deuce. the batteries were dead, but it was clean. i thought the gauge layout in the dash was odd.

i bid on two trucks three times, and quit when both got up to the 1550-ish range. the third time was supposed to be the charm. :-D i thuoght it was too much, but i'm cheap.