• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I No Buy Today.....U?

mistaken1

It seems like when I am online and ready to bid prices go through the roof but when I am away from the computer everything close to home goes cheap.

Is there a message for me in that? :cry:

Last edited:

jrou111

I got one of the M109a trucks - 1300. 8 MILES / 44. 9 HOURS
Congrats, and for a good price too. I like all of the cabinets in the back. Did you preview it ahead of time? I wonder what all that writing is on the driver's door? Usually writing is a bad sign like "fluids drained" "rad bad" "or "no brakes" like mine have had.

nhdiesel

It seems like when I am online and ready to bid prices go through the roof but when I am away from the computer everything close to home goes cheap.

Is there a message for me in that? :cry:
With me it has to do with how prepared I am to buy at that time. In Aug. when I had money ready, researched every detail I could (from the pics) about every truck in that location (I have a nice Excel spreadsheet I use- list top style, winch or no, heater?, tires, etc.), and left work early so I would be home and ready to bid, I paid too much for a not so great truck.

On the other hand, this time I didn't really have the money, just happened to be checking the auction at the ending time (my friend called me so I had to stop my game...lol...and checked GL while talking to him), and my wife would kill me if I spent more money I don't have (remember, I'm now unemployed...) but when I saw the prices, I checked a couple of the lower priced trucks, then quickly put in a bid. Didn't even notice until after that my truck has a soft top and no heater (not good...I'm bringing it back to northern NH, and winter is coming on!) I didn't even really care if I won. In fact, was kind of hoping after bidding that I would get outbid!

Oh well, wife didn't kill me, and I'll be earning a little money to replace what I spent. The bills can wait a couple weeks. :grin:

Jim

djimmy31

I picked up 6918 out of Frankfort. I really hope it runs!!:-D They all seemed to look pretty good out at Frankfort. This will be my first deuce so hope all is well. We went out to Fort Knox to look at those but I could never get ahold of any one to view the Frankfort ones. SS member nosliw got to look at the ones at Frankfort and said most looked pretty good.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks