• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I. R. Light on m1009?

zoo

Anyone got a M1009 with the I R light on the brushguard I've got the light I just dont know exactly where to mount it.
I Dont want to block the headlight ,bridgeplate ,or the blackout groundguide light on the driver side.were they even used with the IR light? Is it 12 or24 v? where do I get bullet connectors?
Pic's would be a big help too.
And yes I've got night vision devices to use the light.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is an M1031 with the IR lights
Not sure of voltage, you could use either on the CUCV.
Bullet connectors can be had from Saturn Surplus

zoo

Thanks 319 I got two lights but was only going to use one cause I only saw one on a 1008 once.Guess ill go ahead and put em both on .
your D side light is where my bridge plate is. Do you still use a B plate?
I like to see the green iron working. Nice trucks by the way.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks 319 I got two lights but was only going to use one cause I only saw one on a 1008 once.Guess ill go ahead and put em both on .
your D side light is where my bridge plate is. Do you still use a B plate?
I like to see the green iron working. Nice trucks by the way.

I'd love to claim these as mine but I cannot. I pulled this photo from the internet some time ago while looking for ideas for mine.

bravo4

i just got a set of the ir fog lights on ebay. but i dont know about the wiring harness... can anyone help? its the 2 plug system. guy has a lot of them for sale. so, if anyone else is looking.

***** edit: removed eBay link. Please abide by the website rules about not posting eBay or Craigslist links *****

Last edited by a moderator:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is mine with the lights installed. I did move the bridge plate to the right about an inch or so. The two terminals in the back are the high and low beams. The light grounds through the stud.
These lamps turn night into day (eerie green) with NVGs. Really cool!

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

K9Vic

I have seen those on eBay, however too much for me at $65 each.

I do have the fog light version of these and now I know where to mount them to look correct. I have to change the bulbs out with 12v, but they will look nice on a CUCV.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the ebay ad said $64.99 for a pair.

I have replacement bulbs (24V) in the classifieds.

K9Vic

I thought the ebay ad said $64.99 for a pair.

I have replacement bulbs (24V) in the classifieds.
You are correct, they are for a pair. That is a much better price, for some reason I thought it was each. That is the seller that I bought the halogen lights from. I am going to have to get a set of those.

Does anyone know if you have to use 24v, or will these work with 12v as they are likely LED. I know they are 24v, but many LED emergency emergency lights are 12-24v. If not 12v, easy to hook up a relay or 24v side with 24v switch.

chupa

Here is mine with the lights installed. I did move the bridge plate to the right about an inch or so. The two terminals in the back are the high and low beams. The light grounds through the stud.
These lamps turn night into day (eerie green) with NVGs. Really cool!
I mounted my lights exactly like that on my M1028 but mine are the clear lenses. I tried like h*ll to post photos, but I gave up.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct, they are for a pair. That is a much better price, for some reason I thought it was each. That is the seller that I bought the halogen lights from. I am going to have to get a set of those.

Does anyone know if you have to use 24v, or will these work with 12v as they are likely LED. I know they are 24v, but many LED emergency emergency lights are 12-24v. If not 12v, easy to hook up a relay or 24v side with 24v switch.
Not LED. They are 24V bulbs. You can buy a 12V Par 36 bulb if you wish to use 12V.

take a look at my avatar pic, as I picked up one to cover up a broken grille. ( thanks to GL... ) its not in the standard location, but i think it still looks good, and was cheaper than finding a unbroken CUCV grille. the light is 24v, I connected it to just 12v on the highbeam side of light, and a fused toggle.

K9Vic

Not LED. They are 24V bulbs. You can buy a 12V Par 36 bulb if you wish to use 12V.
Ok, I see now that it is just a filter on the halogen bulb.

I installed mine on my winch mount, but have not hooked them to power yet. I will probably switch to 12v bulbs. Would like to get some PAR36 LED spots, but they are rather expensive. I have one as a backup light and it is really bright.

I still have a second set that I will put on my other M1009 rebuilding project, but that one will be in the bumper grill guard. There is just no space on my main keeper M1009 as you can see.

Attachments