• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I scored a M923a1

army_nurse

I am In the 5 ton family now. I got a pretty sweet M923A1 today. Went for a nice spin and got to know the truck a bit. It shifts out nice (a lot like a M985 I drove when I was in 6/27). It fired up even though it was below 32 with no problem. GREAT BREAKS!!! I got to get into the -10 and -20 and bring myself up to speed. This is by far my favorite military truck I have ever owned. I will post pics when I get off work early enough to be home in the light.

5tonman1971

Welcome to the club! 5 tons are by far the coolest of the cargo trucks. You get the most looks and pointing and staring with their jaws to the floor!

army_nurse

image.jpgimage.jpgHere is "BIG MIKE". Went over all the 10 level checks. So far we are good. 38 degrees here this morning and he started without turning over more than 3 seconds. I was counting!!! This is by far the best military vehicle I have ever owned. Oil change, trans fluid swap to dextron III and a spinn on fuel and oil filter conversion in the not too distant future.

flashgordon

Are you sure thats an A1? The Dual wheels indicate A0, or straight M923. Someone correct me if Im wrong, Anyway..
Nice Truck. Welcome to the Club.

-FLASH-

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, welcome to the big truck club. I carry the oil filter adapter kits and putting together the fuel/ water separator mod kit real soon. Good easy upgrades that make ,commercially available filters, easy to find. Run some Diesel Kleen through the fuel system, winter formula for your location.
Have fun,
JC

army_nurse

oil & filter change done, trans fluid swaped to Dextron III wtih a new filter as well, wiring for the 24 volt to 12 volt 30 amp converter installed. i will get pics tonight. i will have a toggle switch on the drivers side of the seat/battery box that will turn the system on and off. that is also where the power outlets fot the 12 volt acceries will be. I am going to get a military switch when i can so that it has a more authentic look. I have to replace the fuel filter and then we are road ready. I am very pleased with this truck. pulled some stumps with it this weekend made short work of them. I am saving money to get a dump bed kit and have it installed. i dont have the tools here and its a 550 mile round trip to the ranch where i do have the tools. so i will have it done. Working on my ABS light being on. Did the troubleshooting and have discovered i need a part. so i guess i will get that before i get the dump bed. Then after the dump bed i am going to paint it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks