• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I SCREWED UP! M931a2 engine oil overfill

st8drumz

So, pulled a dumbass 939 series rookie move. The dipstick on the 931 a 2 I just picked up today was about halfway between full and add so I decided to top it off. Looked at the overall capacity but, like a dumbass, didn't read the freaking dipstick that said add 2 quarts at the low mark. I added a gallon of the Lucas Oil Treatment which of course, since it only needed about a quart, looks like it put me probably 3 quarts over. So, on this Cummins 8.3, am I okay to run it over filled that much or do a quick drain and plug, check the level and then add if I need to? I'm not moving this thing until like get some advice, still out on the recovery trip and have many miles to go. I got the stuff to do the drain and refill no problem. I just don't know this engine yet and all its personality quarks. Thank you in advance for saving my butt! :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So, pulled a dumbass 939 series rookie move. The dipstick on the 931 a 2 I just picked up today was about halfway between full and add so I decided to top it off. Looked at the overall capacity but, like a dumbass, didn't read the freaking dipstick that said add 2 quarts at the low mark. I added a gallon of the Lucas Oil Treatment which of course, since it only needed about a quart, looks like it put me probably 3 quarts over. So, on this Cummins 8.3, am I okay to run it over filled that much or do a quick drain and plug, check the level and then add if I need to? I'm not moving this thing until like get some advice, still out on the recovery trip and have many miles to go. I got the stuff to do the drain and refill no problem. I just don't know this engine yet and all its personality quarks. Thank you in advance for saving my butt! :)
Just remove your oil filter and drain it and reinstall

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks