• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I spotted this tatra woodland fire truck sort of converted to an overlander by strapping it trailer onto the bed, in Oceanside California

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks a bit tall for some overpasses! Watch out for that first step.....
They're packing up that business and leaving, and I wish I could spot the owners there because I wanted to tell them the same thing. Turn the trailer around the other way remove the wheels off of it and bolt the frame to the bed of the truck. It might still be over height.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're packing up that business and leaving, and I wish I could spot the owners there because I wanted to tell them the same thing. Turn the trailer around the other way remove the wheels off of it and bolt the frame to the bed of the truck. It might still be over height.
Out of curiosity I looked at the specs of that trailer. It's 10 ft 3 in tall. That Tatra has the 54-in Michelin ZXL tires. The bed is about 5 ft from the ground. That puts him at 15 ft 3 in! He goes under a minimum height overpass He's lucky if he only loses the air conditioners and skylights, he might scrape the whole roof off the trailer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks