• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I just bought a M818.......

bryan70546

Nothing prepared me for starting up my 818.... That low growl, the awesome brakes, the beautiful sound that 855 Cummins sings.... Then I pull in the driveway steering with my index finger...... I am afraid the M35 just got demoted..... I will still love her but........I think the 818 just topped my list. Thank you to the guy that sold me this awesome truck. I can't wait for a parade or something.......
I am still up in the air on buying me a 5-ton .only way to fund the purchase is to sell the deuce :sad::doh:.I went to camp shelby to help recover one for trailboss and he let me drive for a few miles Yep i was hooked .

Cam Morehead

I am still up in the air on buying me a 5-ton .only way to fund the purchase is to sell the deuce :sad::doh:.I went to camp shelby to help recover one for trailboss and he let me drive for a few miles Yep i was hooked .
You drove and 5 ton and can't decide !!!! What ?? I did not have to sell my M35 but if I had to choose........ There would be an 818 in my yard........

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want a 818 so bad. I've got to start saving my pennies. But too much needs to be done to the 109 to get it up to snuff not only for rallies but getting here ready for Alaska.

Very nice looking truck and I look forward to seeing it in person one day.

And to those who will have a 5 ton at GA- could I drive one a little please? :wink:

Cam Morehead

Now I am looking for a step deck or ramped trailer to put dad's scout car on. We have a civilian gooseneck trailer but I would be dragging the rear of the trailer if I pulled it with the 818... Anyone know of a step deck or low trailer with ramps? Maybe a 40' trailer.