• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i think i need help

Rustmaster

Ok i looked at the TMs and searched and tried a few of the things mentioned. On the way to work today in my M1009 i looked at the 24v charging guage and it was not working i.e. no power. When i went to start in i noticed 2 other things, only gen1 light came on and the wait and water in fuel lights didn't come on at all. I checked to two relays next to the started relay (swapped back and forth no change). Am i missing a fuse or something obvious. I should say that after 8 hours at work it started fine and the Glow plug relay could be heard clunking.
Thank in advance.

lavarok

Remove the black cover, then the cluster.
Bad gen1 or gen2 bulbs can impact your charging. Bad bulbs can also explain why your "WAIT" and "WIF" lights don't illuminate. Might not solve your problem, but it is a start in the right direction. Best to verify all the simple items first and proceed further if the problem persists.

Rustmaster

When out and pulled the cluster, other than a bunch of dirt i didnt see ant bulbs out. I am going to get a bunch of them tomorrow morning and replace them all. I hope this works.

lavarok

Check the bulbs and connections on the back of the cluster with a small 12v power supply.

Find yourself a small black 12v transformer for some long lost electrical device. Cut the cord and use that if you don't have another 12v power source. You can test it on your bench.

Use an eraser or light grit sand paper to clean the contacts for each bulb and the cluster points.

If all the bulbs light up, then you can move to the next step of your trouble shooting.

Reinstall the cluster and start with one problem at a time. Sounds like you have three.

WIF light not coming on
WAIT light not coming on
Voltage gauge not working.

WarrenD

Is it a voltage gauge or an ammeter? If it's a voltage gauge, just check the system voltage when running with an external volt meter.
In the civvie 12v versions, when you turn the ignition on (without starting) all the warning lights come on as a check feature. Not sure the mil versions are the same, but I suspect they would be if I understand the above post that the instrument cluster is 12v.

Rustmaster

Update, pulled dash, cleaned and replaced most of the dash bulbs and i now have speedo and other dash lights. Still no 24v gauge or wait lights or gen 2 light on starting. I went to check the out volts when running but my volt meter isn't working. i now have an excuse to go to sears, im thinking it's a diode in the 2 alternator.

lindyp38

mine looks like this......

i cant start my truck....

wait light comes on......gen 1 light comes on

no gen light 2.....and when i turn ignition key......i get a clicking but no turn over.....

any help would be appreciated.....

oh...i charged up the batteries.......

they were both dead......

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks