• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think they got this from IKEA

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite the operation. I wonder, after doing the 1st one, just how fast a group of mechanics could put a plane together?
All the air pumping for the landing gear, I would find, borrow,beg, steal,purchase, or otherwise acquire a compressor

axshon

All that engineering and common sense in one place and not a computer to be found. Better days.. I wonder how many of those cases are at the bottom of the Atlantic, victims of U-boats.

steelypip

I was just thinking that my old fond daydream to find the apocryphal "jeep in a crate" has now been upgraded to "jug in two crates." It's interesting that they have the field un-crate instructions for the jug, which was arguably the highest-tech recip fighter of WWII with its dual-stage turbos. There were a lot of less-exotic (and smaller, and lighter) airplanes that would have been much easier to field-assemble.

jasonjc

I was just thinking that my old fond daydream to find the apocryphal "jeep in a crate" has now been upgraded to "jug in two crates." It's interesting that they have the field un-crate instructions for the jug, which was arguably the highest-tech recip fighter of WWII with its dual-stage turbos. There were a lot of less-exotic (and smaller, and lighter) airplanes that would have been much easier to field-assemble.
I bet they did all of them that way. My dad told me a story of the frist F86 his unit got in Korea. The line cheif started cussing about them forgetting to put the prop in the crate.