• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want to purchase this!

3dAngus

Way to heavy for a pontoon boat. You will have a difficult time pulling up the ramp, even if unloaded, and it sits to high. I have trouble unloading my pontoon with a professionally made pontoon trailer, which is a whole lot lower on the pontoon slide. You would need one heck of a deep launch site to unload a pontoon with that thing, or well over 6' at center to lift it off.

My M1061E1 looks a lot like that but with legs on 4 corners. It has a 14' bed though and can carry 10,000 pounds. It could still be a variant.
That one kinda looks like it has a tool box of sorts underneath as well.
Do you know the bed length?

Definitely looks like a M106 variant, with tongue, toweyes, wheel placement, flatbed, etc being so a true lookalike. Might be an engineering model of some kind for special purpose use.

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
found it! its big enough to haul a 20ft shipping container. and in this case its used to haul the mobile kitchen. 2 of then pictures were taken by a member here, and the last is a screen shot i took when one of them sold on GL

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Nope. My bet is the M1073, a larger, heavier version of the M1061.
Program Manager Motor Transport
"The M1073 7-1/2 ton Full Up Power Pack (FUPP) trailer is a four wheel, tandem axle trailer equipped with adjustable brackets designed to transport the M1A1 tank Full-Up Power Pack (FUPP). The M1073 is equipped with a lunette extension for coupling to a pintle hitch equipped tow vehicle."

(15,000lb capacity, 263.6 in long, 96in wide.)

My opinion.:wink:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope. My bet is the M1073, a larger, heavier version of the M1061.
Program Manager Motor Transport
"The M1073 7-1/2 ton Full Up Power Pack (FUPP) trailer is a four wheel, tandem axle trailer equipped with adjustable brackets designed to transport the M1A1 tank Full-Up Power Pack (FUPP). The M1073 is equipped with a lunette extension for coupling to a pintle hitch equipped tow vehicle."

(15,000lb capacity, 263.6 in long, 96in wide.)

My opinion.:wink:
Nope. Too short and doesnt have the raised hitch.

Danger Ranger

I noticed the hitch, but they can be changed, or a different version of the same trailer. I have seen that pic somewhere else online and am still looking for it now...

BlizzardX23

Way to heavy for a pontoon boat. You will have a difficult time pulling up the ramp, even if unloaded, and it sits to high. I have trouble unloading my pontoon with a professionally made pontoon trailer, which is a whole lot lower on the pontoon slide. You would need one heck of a deep launch site to unload a pontoon with that thing, or well over 6' at center to lift it off.

Odd, I've never had an issue with my pontoon boat...loading or unloading at the docks..I almost dont even have to give my truck any gas when pulling the boat out of the water..I back in, unload, tie off, then pull my truck/trailer out and go park by myself with no issues

Also, that trailer doesnt really sit any higher than my pontoon trailer right now

but, I am not arguing the fact that the trailer is overkill for a pontoon, just...I have no room for a 2nd trailer...so it would be awesome to use this as a multi-purpose trailer and keep it where the pontoon sits right now

BlizzardX23

found it! its big enough to haul a 20ft shipping container. and in this case its used to haul the mobile kitchen. 2 of then pictures were taken by a member here, and the last is a screen shot i took when one of them sold on GL

That looks to be it!!! look at the tiedown points on the frame!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Odd, I've never had an issue with my pontoon boat...loading or unloading at the docks..I almost dont even have to give my truck any gas when pulling the boat out of the water..I back in, unload, tie off, then pull my truck/trailer out and go park by myself with no issues

Also, that trailer doesnt really sit any higher than my pontoon trailer right now

but, I am not arguing the fact that the trailer is overkill for a pontoon, just...I have no room for a 2nd trailer...so it would be awesome to use this as a multi-purpose trailer and keep it where the pontoon sits right now
I've got a pontoon also and there is no way I could ever unload off the trailer in question anywhere I've ever launched at. I personally wouldn't want to haul a pontoon on that thing.

BlizzardX23

I've got a pontoon also and there is no way I could ever unload off the trailer in question anywhere I've ever launched at. I personally wouldn't want to haul a pontoon on that thing.

I'm not understanding the problem? It looks to be the same size as my Pontoon trailer right now anyways...whats so hard about launching? Is it the *weight* of the trailer that could be an issue? thats the only thing I see that might be a problem for some people with lighter duty trucks.. The Denali is a 6.0 liter, tuned, all-wheel-drive SUV...and I've never had even the slightest bit of trouble loading or unloading...by myself or with others

BlizzardX23

XCK2000 Variant... It has a flatbed installed on top...its just a 7 ton trailer

CHASSIS, CONTAINERIZED KITCHEN TRAILER: 7 ½-TON, 4 WHEEL XCK2000, TRAILER: 7 1/2-TON, 4-WHEEL XCK2000E1

Length (to center of lunette)................296 in. (752 cm)
Width (overall).................................. 96 in. (244 cm)
Height (top of tires)............................32 in. (81 cm)
Weight (empty)................................Est. 6,000 lb (2722 kg)
Payload (cross country)..................... 15,000 lb (6804 kg)
(highway)........................................15,000 lb (6804 kg)
Gross Combined Weight (GCW)........... 21,000 lb (9545 kg)
Weight on Pintle.................................2,100 lb (954 kg)

Last edited:

3dAngus

I'm not understanding the problem? It looks to be the same size as my Pontoon trailer right now anyways...whats so hard about launching? Is it the *weight* of the trailer that could be an issue? thats the only thing I see that might be a problem for some people with lighter duty trucks.. The Denali is a 6.0 liter, tuned, all-wheel-drive SUV...and I've never had even the slightest bit of trouble loading or unloading...by myself or with others
The trailer weighs in at 6000lbs dry. Add some water,then a pontoon boat of about 2000lbs, and you are pulling over 8000 lbs up a wet ramp.

Now you have to add a V-ramp for your pontoon. You cannot let a pontoon boat sit on a flat bed like that or you will ruin it and crack the aluminum pontoons. The height is already 42" with the flatbed, add another 10" in heigth once the running boards are install and the pontoon sits on top, and now it is about 5' high and the water line in the center of the boat. You need 10" or so of water to float it from front to back, and that will amount to at least six feet of water depth about 12' behind the vehicle. Some impoundments may have that, but not many where I come from.

All are rough estimates. It will sit higher than your current trailer, and I sometimes have trouble unloading and loading from my professional made pontoon boat trailer, and I have to do the last leg of pushing off by hand at most impoundments. I cannot drive it all the way up in those same impoundments either. It's not at all like trailering a pleasure boat which sits much lower.

I would try it and make sure I'm happy with it before even thinking about selling off my pontoon boat trailer. Good luck.

BlizzardX23

The trailer weighs in at 6000lbs dry. Add some water,then a pontoon boat of about 2000lbs, and you are pulling over 8000 lbs up a wet ramp.

Now you have to add a V-ramp for your pontoon. You cannot let a pontoon boat sit on a flat bed like that or you will ruin it and crack the aluminum pontoons. The height is already 42" with the flatbed, add another 10" in heigth once the running boards are install and the pontoon sits on top, and now it is about 5' high and the water line in the center of the boat. You need 10" or so of water to float it from front to back, and that will amount to at least six feet of water depth about 12' behind the vehicle. Some impoundments may have that, but not many where I come from.

All are rough estimates. It will sit higher than your current trailer, and I sometimes have trouble unloading and loading from my professional made pontoon boat trailer, and I have to do the last leg of pushing off by hand at most impoundments. I cannot drive it all the way up in those same impoundments either. It's not at all like trailering a pleasure boat which sits much lower.

I would try it and make sure I'm happy with it before even thinking about selling off my pontoon boat trailer. Good luck.

I see..thanks for clearing some of that up.

Yea...when I read that the trailer is 6k...well...that is pretty heavy

However, with the frame height being at 38 inches and then placing the V-Channels for the pontoons right on the bed, that puts the bottom of the pontoon 1 inch off the trailer bed...so we'd be at 39 inches

ok...I just went out and measured the current setup...from the bottom of the pontoon, to the ground...it reads 30 inches (DIRECTLY behind the wheel)

My Denali is lowered 6 inches front and back...and I can launch with no issues...in fact, one time...I was messing around and decided I was going to go back further than the rest of the lifted trucks around me (just like, a slap in the face to the lifted truck guys that were afraid to get their truck wet lol...) I went back far enough that the rubber bumper which the front of the boat floats up to...was underneath the boat....so I had to pull forward...haha

Heres a couple pics...the pontoon setup and how it currently sits
...and me backing my truck in

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks