• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was in TX But they let me go.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
tmp_9331-20160914_1554161179502766.jpgtmp_9331-20160914_155349-1552413900.jpgtmp_9331-20160914_155441-1313809353.jpgSorry I misseed you yesterday Jeff, I'll try here in a bit. Yesterday turned out to be busier then I thought. Turns out I'm taking a 1500 dodge back for dave. Spent most of the day getting insurance and tags, but we did run across these two cool trucks. I bet Bjorn will be drooling for spare parts, the guy said he wanted 5500 for both.

saddamsnightmare

Comment Number 5 above by Wreckerman should be correctly attributed to General Phillips Sheridan, who after the Civil War was in charge of the troops pacifying Texas during reconstruction, no easy job even for Little Phil.

I can take the summer Texas heat, as the Texas winters are sights better then Illinois winters! In some parts of Texas you can even grow palm trees, not here though!:grin:

tobyS

View attachment 643957View attachment 643958View attachment 643959Sorry I misseed you yesterday Jeff, I'll try here in a bit. Yesterday turned out to be busier then I thought. Turns out I'm taking a 1500 dodge back for dave. Spent most of the day getting insurance and tags, but we did run across these two cool trucks. I bet Bjorn will be drooling for spare parts, the guy said he wanted 5500 for both.
I have some new NDCC 14.00's for them but it doesn't look like tires would be the issue.

gimpyrobb

tmp_27403-20160915_143945-1552413900.jpgWell boys and girls, in typical gimp road trip fashion, Dave's truck's front driver side caliper fell off as I was driving through a construction zone! At that point, all I knew was something was dragging and making a heck of a racket. I did tap the brakes to turn off cruise control but didn't realize what the issue was. I put on the hazards and slowed to 50mph. I didn't want to pull over since there was no shoulder or break down lane. Once out of the zone I pulled off to the right where there was a nice big shoulder and anothe 20ft of grass. Then the adrenaline rush of realizing "NO BRAKES". A combination of downshifting, lawn job, and VERY minor braking got me to a stop and triple A has beeen called. I am now sitting waiting for thr tow truck. I will update as there is more news.

Barrman

You have the coolest road side issues Chris. Still in Texas?

Put a 2x4 inside the caliper for the piston to push against, duct tape it up out of the way and drive on.

gimpyrobb

Made it to the service staition, looks like a caliper and pads should get me mobile again. I stopped on i30e at mile marker 23 just inside Arkansas. On the way to the service staition the tow truck dr8ver pointed out Bill Clintos childhood home. He said it was a toilet till 5he gov bought it and made it a land mark, go figure.

At dairy queen eating a burger till I'm fixed up!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, how could such ever happen? Seems like one of the pistons is missing a good chunk, also... or is it just the picture?

gimpyrobb

No clue how it happened, crazy sh1t just happens for me once in a while! Yeah, it scared me, but not too bad. I knew something was wrong, just didn’t know what, so i was kinda ready. Back at the service center, no new issues found. Guess I'll make sure theres air in the spare, just in case!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Plane Fast

It's always good to have the wheels touch home again! Glad you had a safe trip.

I'm based out of CVG now, so we should get together. I still owe you a beer for loading my stuff.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks