• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I would like to get a M101

Jim Hunter

Hello guys,

I would like to get a M101 3/4 trailer for my M1008.
In Greece only the M101 is available as the A2/A3 versions are still used by the military.
Except from rust and other structural issues is there any other points I should take care of ?

Thanks,
Jim

DeadParrot

Inspect and grease the bearings. When I checked my 101A1, on one side, the last maintenance person had over tightened the bearing to the point of starting to buckle the supports between the rollers. The other side had a race that looked like a moonscape complete with fresh grease. Check the dates on the tires. The two on the ground on mine were 12 years old, the spare tossed in the bed dates from the 60s. Plan on replacing the 4 bolts at the nose. They often have rust. Shocks may need replacing. If your 1008 has a trailer receptacle, you might be good to go there. Mine had been updated with current lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks