• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ibis tek 24" light bar pin out diagram

Hello all,

I just ordered a light bar to put on the cucv to help out while plowing and off road night driving. Only issue is it take a military plug, so if anyone knows where I can find a plug for this bar or a diagram for all the pins that would be excellent.

I see guys around here have them in different sizes so hopefully someone has this. Tried searching the web with little success and also contacted ibis tek directly no word yet.

Thanks In advance.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please use all this info at your own risk, as I haven't made this into a "defacto" article.

The plug is just a circular connector
TE Connectivity P/N 213906-1

(Note: Pictured here is not an original connector -but all the pins are right- but one I got off eBay so ignore the right angle adapter, as that is an unrelated part)
2014-12-29 01.17.13.jpg2014-12-29 01.18.22.jpg

Mouser shows the female receptacle (just like what is already mounted on the light bar - don't ask me why it still says "plug" on that page) for that exact part number. You need the Plug.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/213906-1/?qs=n9k6nLIWMXkyrEjillO7bA==

This place that I found through a quick Google search shows the plug: (Note: Without pins though)
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70082890

I'm no expert but my guess is the TE Connectivity Part Number just specifies this type of plug/receptacle interface and you need to know which side of it you want.

Pin-out, as seen very clearly above is like so:
1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9 10

The most important info:
Pin #2: To Power (+24v)
Pin #9: To Ground (-)
(That's the big pins)

And for a simple circuit, I believe (but I'm not sure) you just put 24v on one of the other pins (3, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 10) to turn on the HID or IR (no, sorry I don't know which - bad memory says 6 and 8? - I also don't know how much current it needs/draws to turn things "on"). This has been designed to be complexly controlled via a vehicle cab mounted control box with independent switches for the HID and IR, for light-bars mounted both on front and rear of a vehicle.

I have a 66" Ibis Tek light bar with a control box. I have the following cables/connectors:

• The 10-pin TE Connectivity to the light bar cabled to a 6-pin control labeled as "front" + 2-pin power/ground (Hence why only 8 of the 10 pins are used).
  • 9-pin TE Connectivity to the dash mounted control box with a matching 6-pin control for the front and 3 pins for a rear control ( don't have any "rear" wiring harness).

I sat down a year ago and did a pin-out of what connected where but I don't think that'll be of any help to you, so I won't go into that. I need to create a comprehensive post that can be stickied as this is a regular question for folks.

You can find this info right on Mouser's website, but you can also search this PDF for "213906-1" (it's on page 49) and you'll find the plug and can find the referenced pages for the exact pins (See "Related Product Data" -> "Contacts -- Pages 17-21 and 47")

View attachment ENG_CS_82021_CPC_sections1-5_0807.pdf

Last edited:

OC455

Anything further on this....
Seeing how there is no control boxes available or wiring harnesses (Ibis Tek 24inch), has anyone made there own switch/control box?

Making the switch box shouldn't be bad, just figuring out what pin ins/outs belong to what in the light bar is would be a chore if you have to take it apart to figure out what is running what.

lostinutah

I have the same bars, two on top. And I just connected the hid lights in series and ran power to each battery to a switch. Will do the same for the IR lights when, if, I get goggles.

jake-cutter

Does anyone have an account or know someone with an account that can order from Ibis Tek? I would like to get the harness that mates up to the front light bar switch and use one of the 24" light bars as a rear or auxiliary. I have the part number from the installation manual.

hobiesan

Below is the pin-out that I came up with through testing:

Pin Function
2 (big pin) +24 VDC
6 (small pin) turn on HID light (connect to +24 VDC)
8 (small pin) turn on Infrared LED and fan (connect to +24 VDC)
9 (big pin) Ground

The connector parts are available from Mouser, as previously mentioned in this thread. Below a couple of photos of the HID light and the IR light. The IR light can be seen faintly with a cell-phone camera:
IMG_20191102_175641.jpg

DSC08001m.jpg

I have a few of these 24" Ibis-Tek lights listed on Ebay if anyone is interested:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133227194552

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am considering buying a 24" light bar. Does anyone know if the HID light elevation can be adjusted within the box, or do you have to move the whole box to adjust the lights?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am considering buying a 24" light bar. Does anyone know if the HID light elevation can be adjusted within the box, or do you have to move the whole box to adjust the lights?
I do have a new, in box, 24" bar that I'd sell, message me if interested.

The internals were not designed to be adjusted. All internal components are hard mounted to the aluminum exterior with little rubber isolators to help with vibration. To aim the light, it was intended for the whole bar to angle.

You can sort of see how the HID and IR portions of the light are mounted in these internal shots in this post where I was talking about the poorly mounted ballasts in (I believe) early production Ibis Tek light bars:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/ibis-tek-light-bar-install.125231/#post-1691045

These posts in the above thread show the exterior "arms" that mounted to my deuce's cab and the front is slotted to allow the bar to be angled as desired and then a bolt tightened (granted, this is for the 66" light bar, but the same principle applies):
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/ibis-tek-light-bar-install.125231/post-1672829
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/ibis-tek-light-bar-install.125231/post-1890614

Last edited:

bcolemanttu

I am wiring one of these through 2 on/off switches. 24V in to 2 switches and then on to TE Connectivity P/N 213906-1. Using this scenario what gauge wire do I use and do I need to use the 24V large pin or just send power 24V to pin 6 from HID switch and then to pin 8 from the IR switch and wire ground? That would only be 3 wires. What am i missing? Thanks for any help.

bcolemanttu

Hello all,

I just ordered a light bar to put on the cucv to help out while plowing and off road night driving. Only issue is it take a military plug, so if anyone knows where I can find a plug for this bar or a diagram for all the pins that would be excellent.

I see guys around here have them in different sizes so hopefully someone has this. Tried searching the web with little success and also contacted ibis tek directly no word yet.

Thanks In advance.

How did you wire it?

bcolemanttu

Below is the pin-out that I came up with through testing:

Pin Function
2 (big pin) +24 VDC
6 (small pin) turn on HID light (connect to +24 VDC)
8 (small pin) turn on Infrared LED and fan (connect to +24 VDC)
9 (big pin) Ground

The connector parts are available from Mouser, as previously mentioned in this thread. Below a couple of photos of the HID light and the IR light. The IR light can be seen faintly with a cell-phone camera:
View attachment 781792

View attachment 781793

I have a few of these 24" Ibis-Tek lights listed on Ebay if anyone is interested:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133227194552
Had did you wire switches and what size wire did you use

dma251

I can confirm that TE Connectivity P/N 213906-1 is the correct plug for the lights. Working on identifying all the plugs and parts needed to construct my own harnesses for the Ibis Ted lights and controls.

JPMcCormick1

I realize this is an old thread but I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure this out. I have the Ibis Tek light control box, all the wiring and the remote control light. The wiring seems pretty simple but for some reason I am not able to get it to work. Attached are diagrams of what I have and how I am hooking it up. At the back of the control box there is a two pin power plug, I am attaching the red positive to the top left of the pin and the black to the bottom right. When doing so I hear a click on the Control box, so getting power. On the Remote control light there is a two pin plug that I am assuming is for power and I am attaching the positive power to the red wire and black to the black wire. See diagrams for the connections. The other large wire just plugs right into the Remote Control light. When trying any of the switches the light just does not work. I have been unable to find any documentation on how to connect these so trying to figure out what am I doing wrong. On a side note there 2 other wires that says "Front/Rear Streetside Control". I am not sure what kind of light or item those are used for. Any assistance would be appreciated, if someone has the original installation manual for these that would also be helpful.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I realize this is an old thread but I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure this out. I have the Ibis Tek light control box, all the wiring and the remote control light. The wiring seems pretty simple but for some reason I am not able to get it to work. Attached are diagrams of what I have and how I am hooking it up. At the back of the control box there is a two pin power plug, I am attaching the red positive to the top left of the pin and the black to the bottom right. When doing so I hear a click on the Control box, so getting power. On the Remote control light there is a two pin plug that I am assuming is for power and I am attaching the positive power to the red wire and black to the black wire. See diagrams for the connections. The other large wire just plugs right into the Remote Control light. When trying any of the switches the light just does not work. I have been unable to find any documentation on how to connect these so trying to figure out what am I doing wrong. On a side note there 2 other wires that says "Front/Rear Streetside Control". I am not sure what kind of light or item those are used for. Any assistance would be appreciated, if someone has the original installation manual for these that would also be helpful.
The "factory" instructions are in the TM section. Not necessarily what you need though. Recently one of our members @kendelrio added a set of these lights to his girl (5-Ton) named Bertha. His step by step instructions are linked below.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in my thread. There is a solenoid connected to that 2 pin port that needs power in order to open to allow power flow. In the MRAP, it was provided via the master power switch that had a port specifically for that.

Open the box, remove the solenoid and reconnect (I added pics to my thread) and you'll be good to go.

JPMcCormick1

Look in my thread. There is a solenoid connected to that 2 pin port that needs power in order to open to allow power flow. In the MRAP, it was provided via the master power switch that had a port specifically for that.

Open the box, remove the solenoid and reconnect (I added pics to my thread) and you'll be good to go.
Thanks, I looked inside the box and could not find a solenoid. Attached are pics of what is inside. The 2 pin port seems to go to the mother board to a plug that says power/blackout

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks