• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ibis Tek front bumper for HMMWV

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What were the issues that were involved with these? Maybe we can redesign it and fix some of those issues. Let me know please. Thanks for your feedback.
I obtained a NOS Ibis Tek bumper 2 years ago. Certainly better to have up front than stock alternatives. However, I don’t intend to test its efficacy any more than I willfully plan to test the truck’s DWF capability!
I also added a pintle extension in the rear for additional protection in the event of a rear end collision, as any part of these trucks are becoming difficult to source.

D29C0C02-450F-4476-B87F-DC6622F80986.jpeg

04D9CE3C-85CF-4EC6-B0F5-6A090C36DDC2.jpeg

Last edited:

M1165A1

What were the issues that were involved with these? Maybe we can redesign it and fix some of those issues. Let me know please. Thanks for your feedback.

I think it's more an issue that IBIS had some dangerously bad products - like their medium tow bars - and that the owners went to jail for government fraud. Makes me want to avoid anything they touched.

skydawgboy

I know there were some issues as well with crumpling on the ends of the bumper. I remember the storage boxes on those ends being hollow and it was easier for them to crumple. I'm addressing those issues. That's what I'm seeking input on redesign potential. I remember they looked cool but I want to also have function there too. Additionally I want to make it somewhat economical. Looking at an ibis tek look with better engineering. Again I'm looking for interest too. I can resource the build but if we can't sell them it's a moot point.

skydawgboy

Big take away from my post is I can fabricate this bumper. It will be better engineered based on issues that I experienced with this in IRAQ. I had this on my combat vehicle over there and have some changes. I could produce one offs for anywhere from $3500 to $5000. I'm still evaluating the cost. Volume is the key. If I have people interested and can kind of commit I could drive the price down. I know there has been interest in the past and people have been looking. I go back to I'm here to help. If this seems to be a viable solution to finding this cool look with improved function I'm glad to take point on this. Please let me know. BTW...OBX totally cool ride!!! I love it.

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks