• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ibis Tek tow bar hook up

ClarkeF

Maybe I'm over looking something, but why couldn't the medium (44k) towbar be hooked directly to the lift shackles also??
About two inches of slop between the tow shackle pin and the HMMWV's tow loop. Would slop side to side and front to back. Would not be conducive to a safe and secure towing experience even putting aside shock loading effects.

jpcj-7

Thanks, that makes sense. Time to find some feet..

About two inches of slop between the tow shackle pin and the HMMWV's tow loop. Would slop side to side and front to back. Would not be conducive to a safe and secure towing experience even putting aside shock loading effects.

DatGuyC

As far as I know there are 2 different sets of feet that can be used. The first two pictures show the feet I use, which are just a pair of feet. In the last picture the 3 sets on the left are all needed for the second way. The tan adapter goes between the bar and the green feet in the middle. The large diameter pin attaches the adapter to the feet themselves. I found that having the adapter and feet made it difficult to attach the bar because everything was flopping about, I like the single feet much better.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks