• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

id a inline fuse under dash m936a2

sweetk30

found this inline fuse under the dash left side almost to the left kick panel . 1 wire goes over to middle or so area of dash . other goes few inches then behind firewall pad/panel what ever stuff.

is got a 15 amp mini fuse . I got a few extra and installed 1 . as soon as it even touched it poped both times.

truck runs and all seems to be good . just wana know what its for :confused:

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't know if its what you are describing, but I read somewhere there was a fuse for the ABS under the dash.

sweetk30

looks all oem .

I found another one under the middle of dash in front of the ctis box area . its got a 3 or 4 amp light pink / purple fuse in it . that one is fine .

so if its the abs is that a good thing to leave off ? ? I know and have read some on here the abs can be touchy . this will be more a offroad / snow condition recovery truck use vehicle in the fleet .

sweetk30

boss has his KW road truck / wrecker and he hates the dam abs system for winter time .

pulse the air brakes like a working abs system does you you now have nothing . because the air is gone and to low to release them and your still screwed .

so ya its a catch 22 . . . . .yes / no . . . .

oh well back on point . the fuse .

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm 99% sure that one also goes to the ABS. There are 2 fuses for the ABS, a small amp and a large amp. Can't remember the amps off hand. The factory electrical uses circuit breakers, not fuses.

Don't knock the ABS too hard on these trucks until you've needed it. It was put there as a remedy to keep the motor from stalling under hard braking due to slow torque converter unlock. If the motor stalls you're going to find it impossible to steer. This would go along with keeping the tires from locking up during heavy braking with an empty truck. My opinions only but I keep mine working.

Does the ABS self check when the start switch is flipped to run? I think the 15A fuse goes to the ABS ECM.

therooster2001

Reading the training manual, if either fuses are blown the light would stay out, the 15A would prevent the ECU from lighting it, and the 3A would also stop the light from coming on if blown. Gonna check mine to be sure...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks