• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Id m62 series

calvin3103

i have just picked up a M62 wrecker multi fuel 1955 has contenental motor and i have downloaded he TMs, but im unclear if its a M35 sieris or 800s is there a way to find out what it is by the data plates?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is a m39 series with the 211 series Tms (tm9-2320-211- 10, 20, 20p, ect), does it have a gasser or multi in it, if a multi, it would have been rebuilt as a m62a2

Last edited:

calvin3103

well multi i dont smell gas and deisle i put in runs good kinda smokes when you hit the gas and the turbo sound good, was sitting for years here in hawaii i use to drive the duces when i was in the army this is very much the same old shcool truck i love the old stuff, but to get part in hawaii shipped is so costly i found tires and rims in california for cheap 25 buck each good treads80% non directional 1100 20 stocks but the shipping is almost 1500 dollars can find to many parts out here for this one but she runs strong. its almost like i need my own shipping company.LOL:)

calvin3103

was running good till fuel filter change

i changed out both fuel filters and now wont start the fuel is in the new filters but when i crack the injector line to bleed out the air and try to start no fuel is comming out when im cranking it. did this for about minuts any one have any ideas?

calvin3103

well its filling up the filters and i can hear it ticking away ,was running good till i changed the filters maybe i have to keep cranking till preasure builds up? you ever hear of a problem of cant bleed the air out.

area52

take off the top screw on the filter toward the firewall and bleed all the air there first with the in tank pump running. If no fuel there, then the pump does not run. If you get fuel out of that place, then try cracking an injector and crank then engine over to see if you can get fuel out.

calvin3103

the pump in the tank is humming away but nothing is coming to the filters filled them up and stoped , now nothing but humming away and nothing i can belive i just change filters then it stops pumping strange i even open up the new filters and turn it on and ticking away but nothing comming to the filters.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The bottom of those pumps are prone to fall off. It will make noise but not pump fuel when that happens. Pull your pump.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now is a good time to start shopping for a replacement tank and pump. These that you have may last a while or may not. Rust never sleeps, time to start shaking the tree.

calvin3103

do you know where to get a the whole fuel pump assembly, the tank is hard to find in hawaii and shipping is a killer may have to boil and treat this one every thing cost so much here here is an example i just bought some tires from san clemente CA, 1100.20 nondirctional military like new with nubs on it 25 buck each and rims 8 of them, sent to the shipping dock 425.00 from there to hawaii 485.00 per pallet(2) im sure there are other fees involed and thats not to the door its to the dock in honolulu.

vtdeucedriver

do you know where to get a the whole fuel pump assembly, the tank is hard to find in hawaii and shipping is a killer may have to boil and treat this one every thing cost so much here here is an example i just bought some tires from san clemente CA, 1100.20 nondirctional military like new with nubs on it 25 buck each and rims 8 of them, sent to the shipping dock 425.00 from there to hawaii 485.00 per pallet(2) im sure there are other fees involed and thats not to the door its to the dock in honolulu.

Where did you find tires for 25 each...........THATS A GIFT!!!

calvin3103

(949) 366-9484
take to tina tell her cal from hawaii told you about the tires,there cherry these tires if you live in california or any where in the states these are cheap and good, the tires look like new. thay have a hundred of these search craigslist san clemente military tires and see the add.

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Calvin lets see some pictures of your M62!!!!! YOu will have to get good on some creative problem solving to keep your costs down from shipping parts from the mainland.