• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID this shackle?

Dodge man

Hello, I bought a set of shackles this week that are supposed to fit the M37 but they're slightly too narrow. Does anyone have any idea what they're for? They look like the M37 bumper shackles and have the off set pin so that they'll hang flat against the bumper. And they use a 3/4" pins like the M37 shackles but they're slightly too narrow to fit the M37 brackets. These are about 15/16" inside at the pin holes. Overall length is 4 1/2" and they loop is 3" across on the outside.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Picture of what you have? M37 should look like these and if they do but narrower then I would say M38 or 38A1.
I have known folks in the past that heated and "squashed" 37 shackles to fit the Jeeps.
M37
m37.jpeg
M38 &A1
M38.JPG

Last edited:

Dodge man

Picture of what you have? They should look like these and if they do but narrower then I would say M38 or 38A1. I have known folks in the past that heated and "squashed" 37 shackles to fit the Jeeps. M37 View attachment 611073 M38 &A1 View attachment 611077
Correction: I just went and looked again and they will fit my M38A1 but the shackles on it are about 1 1/2" longer than these and hang almost flush for the bottom of the bumper. I also measured the brackets on my M37 and they're about 1 1/32" thick so these shackles won't fit unless you FORCED them. Note, these shackles and the ones on both my M38A1 and M37 are flush on the top. That is the ears are flush with the ring and they don't have that noticeable step like that shown in your top picture. These don't appear to have bent and other than the width, they appear identical to those on my M37. No numbers or markings on either of them and the rings have a round cross section.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the m101 and a1 have a straight U shackle both front and back maybe 5/8 both if I remember right. The A2 & A3 use the same diameter shackle mount but it is a much wider circle than straight U shape.

The neon green looks like 5 ton to me?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks