• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idaho title change!!!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the state DMV directors went to a national conference and one of the subjects was "The Danger of Military Vehicles on Public Highways"

And here we are!
It's everyone trying to title hummers with off road only in the paperwork and they don't know how to handle it.....

undysworld

I think the state DMV directors went to a national conference and one of the subjects was "The Danger of Military Vehicles on Public Highways"

And here we are!
That's the AAMVA, but I have been unable to locate any specific info on that topic.

But while we're at it, FYI, more evidence of FMVSS-compliance by milvehs: Here's a clip from Army Regulation 385-55 dated 12 March, 1987 about Prevention of Motor Vehicle Accidents. Interesting reading:

2–8. Motor vehicle safety standards
a. Commercial type passenger-carrying AMVs built to manufac- turers’ specifications and purchased, leased, or rented by the Army are required to meet all applicable requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS).
b. Nondevelopmental item (NDI) vehicles built to Government- modified manufacturers’ specifications will also meet applicable re- quirements of the FMVSS unless a written waiver is obtained from Commander, U.S. Army Safety Center, ATTN: PESC–PR, Fort Ru- cker, Alabama 36362–5363, or HQDA (DAPE–HRS), WASH DC 20310–0300.

http://www.asse.org/assets/1/7/PreventionofMotorVehicleAccidents.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks