• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idea for ghetto air conditioning

Napoleon_Tanerite

Ok, so here's my plan, tell me what you think

I'm currently fabricating a new dash board, and built into it will be an AC inverter, so I can have AC power in the dash.

Right now temperature is not a factor because the heater in the Blazer is more than sufficient to keep me warm; however, the middle Georgia summer can be painful.

So what I was thinking was getting a plug in portable air conditioner to run in the cab. So long as I don't exceed the wattage of the inverter, I should be good to go, correct?

Westech

CPL
well will have to vent the condencer to the outside. really.... sounds like a bad idea.... too much work to make it function, and will look like trash. For 1000 bucks or less you can install a factory looking ac system.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Get yourself one of the Red Dot A/C units that are floating around. They are made to keep the Hummer cool in 125 degree desert days. You can even install them on a deuce or 5 ton.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your amperage is probably going to cause you problems. Running off ac invertors you can't even plug a shop flood light in without exceeding it in most cases.

I do have ODIron CUCV a/c kit for sale. $850 + shipping. That's about $150 less than retail and it's still in the box (well actually 3 boxes).

ssgtwright-usmc

I kinda liked the A/C unit on (Larry the Cable Guy) pickup truck in (Larry the Cable Guy, Health Inspector). House window unit in the back window of his pickup truck. Gitter done!!!!!