• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idea for push button air tank drain

Billy Bobbed

Could you explain how these valves work? There automatic? So when they fill with water a floats opens the vent on the bottom? like a toilet?

Automatic air drain valve lets out water from air tank(s) without the driver having to operate any valves or switches. Has a manual drain control built in to override automatic function. Will not clog from small debris in tanks (bits of rust etc). Compatible with all commercial trucks with air brakes as well as Military trucks with air over hydraulic systems (M35, M54, M813, etc) and M923 w/ air brakes. Drain valve has 3/8 inch ports and a 3/8 to 1/4 inch adapter pre-installed.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some people are using these horn drains.I'm thinking ROBR had these on his deuce.
Looks like the part # is a Bendix S-A271 or Haldex KN-24000.

Anybody have any feedback on using these? Seems like a neat idea. I'm not clear on how they function... They sense when the air tank leaks down a bit and then dump the rest of the air?

Do they have some way to account for an emergency unplanned drop in air pressure? I can't imagine they're unsafe if they are in use, but I'm still curious.

ARYankee

Yeah i would like to know more about the automatic ones as well. I do like that 24 VDC solenoid. You can always put a flow valve on the outlet so the air will dump slowly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks