• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas on texture in paint?

dm22630

Re: RE: Ideas on texture in paint?

gimpyrobb said:
Sand in the paint.
I agree....but I would roll the sand mixed paint on, then dry, then spray a top coat of your color of choice on to get an even finish. Otherwise you will see all the roll marks.

devilman96

wiggall

RE: Re: RE: Ideas on texture in paint?

When I was in the Navy we put deck tread on by spredding sand on wet paint. Let it dry, and repait it, and put more sand on the wet paint let it dry, paint it the color that you want. The DECK APES tried to mix the sand in the paint, and THEY GOT A BIG MESS!!! They had to scrape the paint sand mix off as it would not dry, and looked like S#*T!

Elwenil

phataux

hey i know this thread is old but i was using search like a good member and found what i wanted ...... the link in the thread dont work can someone get me a good link

scooter01922

I would but this computer is as slow as molasses going uphill in january and it would probably take 10 min. So untill i get around to fixing it...... just goodle aluminum oxide, its EXTREMEMLY common used as a sandblast media.

Jones

Any paint store that handles industrial coating can supply you with a texturing additive (usually ground rubber or polymer granules) that's specifically made to add non-skid texture to floors and steps, as well as areas around swimming pools.
Usually applied by sprinkling onto a base coat while it's still tacky. Then, when dry, painting over with a final top coat.
AwlGrip Griptex Additive, Skid-Tex Non-Skid Additive, Interlux Intergrip No Skid Compound just to name a few.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks