• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify this truck---M35 Variant?

jleasure

This truck is located in rural WV, near me. It belongs to one of my clients. I obtained this truck for him as a part of a long and complicated settlement. I know it has a title, which identifies it as a Kaiser truck.

My guess is that it is an M35 with the bed removed, but I am told that it has a Cummins engine. I have never seen it in person. I have only seen these pictures that were taken by my investigator a couple of years ago. I might have the opportunity to see it in person soon.

The truck has been offered to me for free if I can recover it. I don't know that I want it unless it is really Cummins powered, or is something special. I don't necessarily want to see it scrapped. I do not have a truck to use for a recovery.

Is it just an M35, or is it something else? The data plate photo is out of focus. Maybe somebody can tell something from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a M35 with the bed removed. I really doubt it has a Cummins in it. It is an older one (tell by turn signals). It does look like it has an aftermarket hard top though.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Kinda looks like my 53 Studebaker! but mine is a gasser. I would save it, a lot of parts there. and the price is right.

goldwing2000

Banned
Definitely worth recovering as long as you don't have to pay a wrecker to do it. find a local SS member with a tow bar and offer him a case of beer in payment. :)
If you can get the old GMC too, then that would be icing on the cake.

jleasure

Thanks to all for the responses.

The truck last ran in 2008. It towed a trailer into a remote area and was parked. I suspect that with batteries, it will start. I will take a look at it when I get the opportunity. When I have more information, I will post.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking if it's in decent shape it might be a good Vietnam era resto project if it has the N/A multifuel and those old lights, or am I incorrect?

Darwin T

my guess would be a M275 tractor. i saw one about 2 or 3 weeks ago that was not running. i got out bid and stopped watching offer the scrap price, thats all they would get if the scrapped it. save it if you can. :beer:

hoop

It is too long for the M275 tractor. Probably a multi-non turbo with that small stack.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting to see what is under the hood. Possible LDS427 Hypercycle? Did the 427s exhaust run out between the tandems?
427's came out between the duals. It still has the bed mounts on the frame which gives a few possibilities of what it was.

spicergear

It was able to drag trailer through more crap because of the front drive axle...THAT is probably what it was. Shame it's not closer...pull that out with the Mog. :mrgreen: