• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify this wire connector thing-a-ma-jiggy???

V8Merc124

SO help me identify this wire connection thingy! It looks like a splitter but I have no clue. One of the plug ends has a blank male connector inserted (with a blocked opening for the wire) I got a few of these from someone's left over parts pile and the box says its from Kascar but I couldn't find it there.
only number I can find is on that aluminum tag crimped on the wire ACC 19207 12300841

EDIT : Apparently its referred to as a "spider" and functions as a splitter. Thanks for the info fellow SS members!

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep it's a splitter and the blank is a blank, you could use it on a deuce if you wanted to add clearance lights. Plug it in line with a parking light lead and run left and right clearance lights off the the other two leads or use it for whatever. I used a dual one to add lollypop turn signals to mine that way you don't have to cut and splice.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We request that all pictures be uploaded to this site and not hosted on any other website.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spider.

I think it's referred to as a spider typically.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a sack of these from Memphis Equip PA location many years ago on Ebay. There was a bunch and I was only into them for a half a dollar. Gave tons away. As mentioned, no resistance, you could add a bunch of circuits. Mine were 14GA too. The only thing left for packards in my inventory is the DMC crimper.

turnkey

Push the ends together three times................You get to do it again if you want.....Used this on some comm gear in the 70s for ground requirements.

V8Merc124

Push the ends together three times................You get to do it again if you want.....Used this on some comm gear in the 70s for ground requirements.
So how did you use it as? Just to tap into an existing line and split some juice off of it? I'm gonna do some reverse lights soon so I could just use this and tap into the power at the horn to supply the reverse lights.

steelandcanvas

So how did you use it as? Just to tap into an existing line and split some juice off of it? I'm gonna do some reverse lights soon so I could just use this and tap into the power at the horn to supply the reverse lights.
Or you could use one of these:

http://eriksmilitarysurplus.com/rushycoms.html

Beats the heck out of cutting and splicing everytime. Erik has the male/female rubber shell connectors also.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adding reverse lights is easy for a hmmwv, the shifter has the threaded hole already in the side of the shifter, you just need to buy the detent switch that screws in, run the wires to the rear light, take power off of the running lamp that is on when the light switch is on...it's only used at night, so there will always be power there when the service lamps are on.
I always run with all lights on in my mil trucks....
put one lead to power, one lead to backup light, then Ground the light housing to the rear brake lamp ground strap.
the correct hmmwv backup lamp will only have 1 lead....power, the ground wire has to be fabricated.
when you shift into reverse, the connection is completed thus lighting the lamp.

If your shifter doesn't have the hole, you need to find a shifter for the m1035 or m997 ambulance hmmwv, that is the only,hmmwv that had this standard issue.