• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identifying a m1009

Jonas

Hi All,
Im a new member from sweden :)

I just bought an old blazer supposed to be from -82.
Owner though it was an old army blazer because of the old paint inside the engine bay....

I know that the cucv ones did not have cloth seats, no air conditioner.. But it might have been converted ?

What is the best way to tell if the truck once were a cucv vehicle ?

the VIN is: EK18C8CF111153

and here is a picture of it:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ew1ahx.jpg

reloader64

Hello, and welcome to the site.

If someone converted this from a CUCV, they did a very thorough job. Look at a picture of a CUCV. They had military bumpers with lifting shackles, a slave receptacle in the grill, the grill was different, and they usually had holes drilled in various place in the body for antennas.

Just my opinion.

Scott

Jonas

Hello, and welcome to the site.

If someone converted this from a CUCV, they did a very thorough job. Look at a picture of a CUCV. They had military bumpers with lifting shackles, a slave receptacle in the grill, the grill was different, and they usually had holes drilled in various place in the body for antennas.

Just my opinion.

Scott
Hello and Thanks :)

Yes thats what i though aswell... Might be that this is not a cucv after all. :)

My VIN doesnt seem to match up with the vin decoder here in the forum, any place where i might find the VIN in my truck ? the one i posted is from the dash up by the windshield...

reloader64

That's the location on the civvy vehicles. You might do a Google search for "GM VIN" or something along those lines. The VIN will tell you year model, engine type and size, where it was assembled, etc.

LanceRobson

If that was a military vehicle, someone did a lot of work. They would have had to remove and replace the grill, bumper, frame extensions and tie down shackles, the side marker lights, side view mirrors, wiper arms and more.

The VIN does not seem to be correct. If you are looking at the tag on the top of the dash near the bottom outside corner of the windshield, in front of the driver, you are looking in the correct place. The VIN may have been stamped on the original engine and should be on the frame. When I get out to the shop this morning, I will look at my GM factory manual and get you some more information on the other VIN locations.

This link is to the General Motors VIN decoder:

http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

Lance

Jonas

If that was a military vehicle, someone did a lot of work. They would have had to remove and replace the grill, bumper, frame extensions and tie down shackles, the side marker lights, side view mirrors, wiper arms and more.

The VIN does not seem to be correct. If you are looking at the tag on the top of the dash near the bottom outside corner of the windshield, in front of the driver, you are looking in the correct place. The VIN may have been stamped on the original engine and should be on the frame. When I get out to the shop this morning, I will look at my GM factory manual and get you some more information on the other VIN locations.

This link is to the General Motors VIN decoder:

http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

Lance
Indeed :)

Thanks alot Lance, im dieing to know what i just bought, and a correct VIN will help alot :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks