• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IDIOT Light Problem with M1009

ONTOS66

Here is a new one - for me anyway.

Yesterday when I parked the truck at home the idiot lights for oil and #1 alternator remained on after I turned off the ignition.

When the vehicle is running everything reads fine.

What happened and where do I start to correct this?

Thanks -

Preston

ida34

Sound like maybe your ignition switch is not going all the way off or is binding. If I remember right it is adjustable by the switch having oblong holes. You just loosen the nuts and move the switch back or forth until the lights are off when the lock cylinder is in the off position.

CCATLETT1984

I agree with ida34 on the diagnosis, I am unsure if you need to pull the steering column apart to get to the switch though. I would disconnect the ground from the front battery until you are ready to fix this, otherwise it will drain your front battery.

drop the collumn...

i also believe it's adjustable...or it could be the lock cylinder is turning a bit,or starting to break.either way,the ign switch is pushed/pulled by a rod that runs from the lock cylinder.if it's not the cylinder,you don't have to remove the steering wheel...remove part of the kick plate just under the collumn,and access the bolts that hold the collumn up.

drop the collumn a bit,and you should be able to get to the one nut/stud and a screw to adjust.it's a fiddely job.you'll invent some new words,but it's not technical in any way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks