• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

idle issue and power loss

believe it or not posting this for an old nam vet friend ! He REFUSES to use computers ! he has an m998 and called me other day (he does have a cell phone )and gave me following scenario :
rough idle and power loss / he changed fuel filter / he cracked the injector lines and good fuel /I gave him a set of remaned injectors to try and no improvement /he checked compression said it was above 300 across board / put some sort of injector and fuel cleaner in it / nothing helps . truck starts on1 crank does not stall or really hesitate( I have personally seen that when he came by to get injectors ) but seems to almost buck or pulse when u hit throttle hard (didn't really seem to be a hesitation ,if that makes sense ) / any way I said I would post for him and see if someone might have an idea or 2 thx

Wire Fox

believe it or not posting this for an old nam vet friend ! He REFUSES to use computers ! he has an m998 and called me other day (he does have a cell phone )and gave me following scenario :
rough idle and power loss / he changed fuel filter / he cracked the injector lines and good fuel /I gave him a set of remaned injectors to try and no improvement /he checked compression said it was above 300 across board / put some sort of injector and fuel cleaner in it / nothing helps . truck starts on1 crank does not stall or really hesitate( I have personally seen that when he came by to get injectors ) but seems to almost buck or pulse when u hit throttle hard (didn't really seem to be a hesitation ,if that makes sense ) / any way I said I would post for him and see if someone might have an idea or 2 thx
Sounds like a bad injection pump. Mine would hesitate on throttle impulse, not react well to sudden additional engine load, and would stall if I just dropped the throttle to coast. Sending it off for rebuild left me feeling like I had a brand new truck.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk