• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If I get a deuce how broke will I be?

atilathehun

I got one of those basket cases we talk about so now i need a wrecker to tow it home when it dies and you cant go camping with a wrecker or a flat bed so i need a shop van then i need a dumper to move dirt around the house and i also need a tractor to move hay bales with in the summer see how it works do i regret it no buy one you will love it you will spend most of your free time with the trucks but you will be happy the trick is to get the family into it to then it is golden. As a side note i paid 1,000 scratch for the basket case so she is ruff but she is mine :-D:-D:-D and i love it

Brock Steel

Expect to spend money. Things will go wrong. Extra parts are a plus and a person who knows how to fix them. Axle leaks are a biggie. Fuel leaks too. Grease all the Zerk's fitting. Ebay is a great place to find parts at a good price. If you don't love the truck don't buy one.

Numbers

Type 2 Duty is defined as 'Sea Duty': Duty performed in commissioned vessels and deployable squadron's homeported in the United States, including Hawaii and Anchorage, AK. Also included are U.S. land based activities and embarked staffs, which require members to operate away from their duty station in excess of 150 days/year.

Type 4 Duty is defined as 'Non-rotated Sea Duty': Duty performed in commissioned vessels and deployable squadrons homeported overseas. Also included are overseas land-based activities and embarked staffs, which require members to operate away from their duty station in excess of 150 days/year.

In other words, "brown shoes" don't necessarily have to go to sea to get sea duty.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Type 2 Duty is defined as 'Sea Duty': Duty performed in commissioned vessels and deployable squadron's homeported in the United States, including Hawaii and Anchorage, AK. Also included are U.S. land based activities and embarked staffs, which require members to operate away from their duty station in excess of 150 days/year.

Type 4 Duty is defined as 'Non-rotated Sea Duty': Duty performed in commissioned vessels and deployable squadrons homeported overseas. Also included are overseas land-based activities and embarked staffs, which require members to operate away from their duty station in excess of 150 days/year.

In other words, "brown shoes" don't necessarily have to go to sea to get sea duty.

Us "REAL" brown shoes do!

USS Duluth
USS Constellation
USS Nimitz

:grin:

drewmech

"Floaters" never understand..... Shore duty = nondeployable. I think its a Per Deim > Sea pay jealousy thing. ;-) Besides anyone who is not Airforce that has to deal with the Airforce deserves alittle extra. Theres also that nifty little saying that so many Cheifs have used against me for so long "choose your rate choose your fate". Sorry if my rate/specialty affords me a little better quality of living. Beyond all the brown shoe black shoe rivalary I do want to thank you all for your service past present and future. Thanks for the knowledge and advice on picking up a deuce.

Numbers

Three of my bosses were P-3 pilots Einsidler, Boyinton, Munstermann.

In other words, "FLOATERS" understand more than most people realize. :)

wvhillbilly

Hey guys: I have died and went to mv heaven??? Da wife"Kathy's Kountry" thinks our(used to be MINE) 1970 AM General M35A2 is cooler than an Artic winter. She has even volunteered to sand the troop seats so I can repaint them in preparation for a car show Memorial Day weekend. Never was interested to learn to drive a stick-shift UNTIL:idea: I brought "Big Green" home.
Now she can jam the gears as good as me. Get the spousal units involved guys. By the way, she loves Dodge trucks...SHE is wanting a M880 to fulfill
her desire for some OD iron. Next thing I know the dog will want a camo doghouse.(He already has the bandana). SEE YOU IN SYRIA, VA:-D:grin::smile::)

drewmech

I ment no harm in that last post was merely poking some fun. The term "Floater" is just we P-3 guys something we call the rest of the fleet. Well except the "sinkers" and bubbleheads are a wierd bunch anyway. Besides the rest of fleet is quick to ask "If you never go on a boat how are you a sailor?" Thick skin, quick come backs, and a sense of humor are required to do this job and remain sane.

rivired

If ur a gear head..and get a deuce..i think u will be very broke..cuz if ur like me ull spend all ur money trying to make it perfect and buy all the rediculously overpriced toys for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks