• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IFA W-50

Opie

Jeff,

I'll second you on the importance of changing the ancient rubber under the hood. I blew a radiator hose on my '68 Volvo 144S late on a Christmas Eve many years ago en route to the future Mrs. Hannon's house. My parents, God bless them, aren't mechanically inclined and had never had any such 'unnecessary' work done on the then 22 year old car...

Cheek

Hello Again!

I have to admit that driving Giant Trucks is Extremely Addictive! I have not driven my truck in about a week and I am having withdrawal syptoms! I have found myself finding, or shall I say, making up reasons to drive it. I actually offered my truck to help a friend move! It was a couple of counties from here and I have to say that "Brutus" performed very well! I was driving it daily for awhile until it got so hot here! I have put over 2,000 miles on it and have almost gotten it up to 60 but it will only do about 56-57 hammering it! That is a little too fast for most driving conditions but I have discovered that if I do 55 mph Everywhere, it kind of evens the trip out! HiHiHi! I have been to 4 Cruise-Ins and plan to attend at least 2 AACA Shows around here soon. I have recently installed the canvas top and one of the old troop seats. I designed it to have seperate sides and I just leave the seat down. If it gets in the way, I will just take it out. I will close now and will post a few pics I took right after I installed the top. In the last pic, I tried to show the view from up in the drivers seat but the pic would have been better if a car was driving by! I enjoy looking Down into the cabs of the many semis who blow me away on the Interstate! A Woman Dump Truck Driver once stopped right beside me and gave me that ever familiar look like: What Is Wrong With You? She then just shook her head a few times as she was driving away!

I have since replaced the funky ropes on the sides of the top with those bungee cord thingies with the black ball on them. Home Depot has them for their portable car ports and they work very well! I just custom cut them as needed. I will post some more pics soon, especially when I find a Mud Hole to go and tear up!

Everybody Have A Good One And Take Care!

Jeff :)

Cheek

[color=blue>Hello!</FONT>[/i]

<FONT]I can take any pics you might like to see of the IFA! Do you mean like pics of the fusebox, switches, etc? It does have the fuses like the VW's had! I'll show my ignorance now by asking what is the "FMTV"? I was just wondering! [/color]

[color=#0000ff>Take]

<FONT color=#0000ff>Jeff :)[/color]

oldordie

W50 Owner in Nashville

Jeff, I'm new to this forum and not sure if this will reach you. I have an 85 model W50 that is a cab/chassis with a winch. Whatever was attached to the back was removed before it was imported. It sat for the last 6 years with a broken master cylinder reservoir and old fuel. It only has 1800km on the odometer. Replaced all the fuel lines, pulled the fuel control and had cleaned, pulled the master cylinder apart and cleaned good. Runs like a top now and drove it home to Lebanon from Woodbury last week. Would love to get together and compare some notes. Have a lot if little items to fix yet and not easy without manuals and the ability to speak German. If you can help, would really appreciate it, thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks