• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition Problem

taylordm14

So I let the "boss" drive the M1009 today, and got a call about a small issue. Apparently while starting the blazer, the key broke off in the ingnition (lock cylinder). She got it started with a screw driver, and it starts and runs, but half of the key is still in the ignition.

My question to all you experts: Is there an easy way to get the half of the key out without taking the whole lock cylinder out. I really dont want to have to pull the whole steering wheel and lock plate out, and more so, I really dont want to re-key the ignition (I like having it stock). Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I figure if anyone knows any little tricks to help, this is the place to find them. Thanks all

taylordm14

Thanks, I will try the superglue trick. I guess if it doesnt come out fairly quickly, then I will have to pull the steering wheel and re-key it. I appreciate all the help