• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition Problem

taylordm14

So I let the "boss" drive the M1009 today, and got a call about a small issue. Apparently while starting the blazer, the key broke off in the ingnition (lock cylinder). She got it started with a screw driver, and it starts and runs, but half of the key is still in the ignition.

My question to all you experts: Is there an easy way to get the half of the key out without taking the whole lock cylinder out. I really dont want to have to pull the whole steering wheel and lock plate out, and more so, I really dont want to re-key the ignition (I like having it stock). Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I figure if anyone knows any little tricks to help, this is the place to find them. Thanks all

taylordm14

Thanks, I will try the superglue trick. I guess if it doesnt come out fairly quickly, then I will have to pull the steering wheel and re-key it. I appreciate all the help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks