• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition problems

SUZ4x4

I have a 84cucv blazer, It will start but runs for a while and than shuts down, loses power to ignition system, I began to change the ignition switch to start with but the positioning of the ignition activation rod in respect to the on an off and accesory on the switch from what I can tell are backwards, off is on on is off from what I can tell, Is there a wiring diagram for the ignition switch that tell exactly which wire does what and which contacts need to be in what position to start and run and to show the proper display of the dummy lights on the dash so they work when the truck is started, Ive located which pin is hot on each plug but dont have a diagram to diagnose the problem any further, I'm not sure if the ignition switch was even the problem, took it apart and contacts didn't look arched or anything, they were a little worn though. I know which pin turns over the starter and which one activated the low pressure oil and overheat lights, Need a diagram to fix, see where everything goes. I would thank anyone who could help, have done just limited work on vehichles but am competent with electricity and mechanical things of that nature, any tips would be appreciated, maybe someone else has seen this before.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ignition switch is a standard GM switch. Autozone, Oreillys' and NAPA carry them.

Read the CUCV Wiki and the stickys in the CUCV forum.

The Military spent millions writing repair manauls. They where here on this site but are temporally offline. A fellow member has posted them. They are called CUCV Technical Manuals

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61761-link-cucv-tms-free.html

Download them and study the first few pages of the troubleshooting section.It covers how to read thewiring diagrams

Also spend time reading the TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual. It explains all the dash lights and how the truck works. Just like the Owners Manual in the Civlian world.

The diagrams are in the Appendix of the -20 and -34.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once the engine is running, the only item that is required to keep it running is the PINK 12v feed wire to the injector pump. It controls the shutoff relay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks