• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition Security

Wire Fox

@DREDnot Who sells the military (Packard?) connectors and crimping tool?
It seems pretty obvious that I should add these to my tool sets.
I picked up all my Packard connectors at Erik's Military surplus. Best price for a reasonable quantity of connectors. Getting the right crimp tool is a lot more difficult...

There's a guy in the classifieds selling a variety of crimp tools and parts. He has a crimper that does nothing but crimp this style of connector for a low price. Otherwise, you need a very expensive turret-head crimp frame (AFM8 is one) that will set you back around $120 used, $300 new.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@DREDnot Who sells the military (Packard?) connectors and crimping tool?
It seems pretty obvious that I should add these to my tool sets.
Crimping tool can be had used on ebay, usually though it's at least $50, usually a bit more as new they are around $300 or so for a decent one.

Personally I just use a little solder and a propane torch for them, it's quick, cheap, and pretty easy.

I buy the connectors here (best price I could find, even with shipping)

Ajax MD

Crimping tool can be had used on ebay, usually though it's at least $50, usually a bit more as new they are around $300 or so for a decent one.

Personally I just use a little solder and a propane torch for them, it's quick, cheap, and pretty easy.

I buy the connectors here (best price I could find, even with shipping)
I'd pay $50 for the right tool. More than that and I'll solder or find another method of crimping them.
I'm getting better at separating nasty old connectors without destroying them. ;)

papakb

I've used Buchanan crimp tools for years on my military connectors and they're cheap online. While the Daniels tools are what you always see, the Buchanan tools work just as well.

Soldering is not a good option as the rigidity of the connection makes it more likely to break.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks