• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Illinois - Does anyone have a HUMVEE licensed in ILLINOIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MILITARY HUMVEE

Hi,

November 2016 I purchased a 1985 AM General M998 Humvee from Wisconsin. I had the title transferred and applied for plates. The state of Illinois granted. Two month later they revoked the plates. I have been working with a local Senators offices and asked them to please contact the two Senators who drafted bill 97-0811, "FORMER MILITARY REGISTR" Which states that a "former military vehicle" can be plated bu the Secretary of State does not agree, gotta love it.

The bill states, " It is defined as "former military vehicles" as a vehicle or trailer, regardless of weight, or year of manufacture, that was manufactured for use in any country's military force…

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks