• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ILLINOIS - HMMWV - LICENSE Plate? Just A YES or NO PLEASE

MILITARY HUMVEE

Yesterday I asked if a Humvee can be titled in Illinois - I don't want to Know any illegal ways - as indicated by the moderator.

A YES or NO would be great.

IF YES, please PM me. THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read your original post yesterday, it stated that you had successfully registered the vehicle, however, the state of IL revoked your plates two months later. That would lead me to believe that you followed the correct procedures to title and register the vehicle. It further appears that the IL DMV figured out that your vehicle may have originally been issued "off road use only" documentation at purchase from DMRO.
The IL DVM are sticklers for detail. I was born and raised in IL. Sent many a hour in line at their offices. I would have to say "NO" to your question. You and HMMWV are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGT WILLEY

Poor guy. What would you do now? What is the term DMRO mean? I'm new here. Just bought a 85 M1009 K-5,, I got it home an my son a grandson took it straight to the back 40. So they were bonding at Grandpa's expense and found a hidden gully 3 foot deep gully and dropped in it. That was on the 4th of July, just got it back from the front end guy. He said that is one tough front end. It didn't bend any thing. Grandson Tate said ,,,boy it is a good thing we had our seat belt on Granpa,,,Dad and I both nearly hit our heads! Kids,,,what are ya gonna do? At least they didnt break their necks before I had a chance to do something stupid with it :doh: I asked how didja ever get out. He said I put it in 4low but nothing happened, so dad got out and locked in the front hubs, and the 6.2 never even grunted,,We popped right out....But Tate,,the steering wheel is 90 degree's off from where it should be? Oh ,, sorry didnt notice that. I said ya right!:evil:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poor guy. What would you do now? What is the term DMRO mean? I'm new here. Just bought a 85 M1009 K-5,, I got it home an my son a grandson took it straight to the back 40. So they were bonding at Grandpa's expense and found a hidden gully 3 foot deep gully and dropped in it. That was on the 4th of July, just got it back from the front end guy. He said that is one tough front end. It didn't bend any thing. Grandson Tate said ,,,boy it is a good thing we had our seat belt on Granpa,,,Dad and I both nearly hit our heads! Kids,,,what are ya gonna do? At least they didnt break their necks before I had a chance to do something stupid with it :doh: I asked how didja ever get out. He said I put it in 4low but nothing happened, so dad got out and locked in the front hubs, and the 6.2 never even grunted,,We popped right out....But Tate,,the steering wheel is 90 degree's off from where it should be? Oh ,, sorry didnt notice that. I said ya right!:evil:

Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (US DoD)

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. Just bought mine in May. IL said it has to have a 17 digit vin. Not sure why 83 vehicles and later don’t. Still searching.
US MIL Contract vehicles do not have to follow VIN regulations.

Older vehicles are exempt as they were in compliance with earlier regulations. Earlier regulations do not void compatibility with current regulations. DoD regulations do not play nice with current regulations.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No. Just bought mine in May. IL said it has to have a 17 digit vin. Not sure why 83 vehicles and later don’t. Still searching.

17 digit vin numbers became mandatory federal law in 1981. ISO standard 3779 became standard in 1983 for vehicle manufacturers. Pre 1980 only required 16 digits

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks