• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Illinois - Rally?

gungearz

Badlands is out for anything wider then (I believe) 80" and is very stricked on everything you do. There's no camping there and they give you a hard time about barbecuing. Haspin is $18 with camping included and really have no restrictions. If you guys want to start a MV club in northwestern indiana or based near Chicago. I'm down.... I've been considering on starting one myself in my area. There's 4 guys within 3 miles from me that I have yet to make acquaintence with.

volver

Located in Moline, IL. A rally sounds fun. I would be willing to travel 120 miles. Having to drive for more than 2 hours might get lame.

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers... Look at the haspin thread. I am the leader of the northwestern convoy. If you want to tag along. Pm me for details or review the haspin rally thread for the details. Its on October 19th thru October 23 you can check their website out at haspinacres.com. It will be a blast. Everyone is welcomed to join in on our convoy out there. Its the closest illinois rally its going to get for now.

caliber1

If youre looking I just saw a deuce with a dump bed on it off of farmington road in Peoria, not sure of the price but should be getting info here soon

Mark
Also heard about on near hanna city illinois
Where at on Farmington Rd., and where in Hannah City. Father in law lives up there.

I just bought my first deuce and my insurance agent of 30 years tells me that Progressive will NOT insure it at any cost, no tickets or accidents. How does anyone one on this thread that drives one insure their truck?
I have mine through Progressive....go figure.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually it is a five ton dumper on Swords Ave. Been for sale for quite a while, so imagine the price is up there. It's located by "Kartville". There are a few MV around the Peoria area, couple here in Chillicothe. I know Elkhunter61523, good guy! A rally to meet and greet would be nice. Thanks to Ma Duce, plates may actually be affordable! YEAHHHH! LOL
God bless,
Tony:)

Last edited:

volver

gungearz

Would you take your truck to the badlands...? Haspin all the way baby..... Besides, I don't think you can camp at the badlands or drink. They got campgrounds near by the last I heard. Its all sand also...

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I might be beating a dead horse here :deadhorse: but I was wondering if there is any interest besides my own in organizing a rally or MV club in Illinois to suit the needs of central and southern Illinois green iron addicts like myself. I know there are a few MV owners in the said area, so you would think there should be some interest:shrugs:. Just sitting here thinking to myself there are no clubs in downstate Illinois that I know of and the closest rally to me is in Haspin which is nearly 200 miles from here so technically I guess I'm literally living in BFE. Just putting this back out there to see if we could muster more interest in this idea and I know this thread has been dormant for several years but I just needed to put my 2cents out there.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for reviving thread! I'm still interested. Be nice to put a face to some of these screen names......Weekend breakfast or lunch? Nice restaurant here in Chilli with good food and reasonable prices.

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for reviving thread! I'm still interested. Be nice to put a face to some of these screen names......Weekend breakfast or lunch? Nice restaurant here in Chilli with good food and reasonable prices.
For a few years now I have been waiting for some sort of rally, meet up or even a down state MV club to pop up some where. Would be nice to get something like this for MV enthusiasts in this area to get together, I would've figured there would be more interest in this but maybe I am wrong.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Come on guys. Seems a shame that there is such a limited interest in a social get together here in down state Illinois. I know our politics is terrible, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL

Just bumping this thread up again so that maybe it will gather more interest...................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks