• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm back in the CUCV club!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
He guys,
I haven't had a CUCV for about 3 years now and have been missing it. Since my wife has a car and I drive a SUV, getting a truck was only natural. I am always needing to haul some truck parts, wood, mulch, trash, etc... and I hate junking up the Excursion or hooking up the trailer.

So, yesterday I bid on and won a 1986 M1008 at Portsmouth. I went down and previewed them on Wednesday. It is showing 97k on the odo. It has 4 new tires and a good spare. The fuel filter, radiator, etc... are marked as being service on 11/07. It has a jack, jack handle, racks, seats, top bows and a Bible in the glovebox from the Gideons. I can't wait to get it home. Oh, also, it runs and has a key with it. Score!!

Attachments

aboonski

congrats on the great win!

I like all the stuff that you got with the truck! I am amazed that the jack and all of the components with it are still in the truck! I bought my M1008A1 from a guy in Carmel New York and have never regretted paying $3600 for it (plus driving it home which was pretty cheap back then). I am doing some trading tomorrow for another M1008 to use for spare parts - he's getting a running 89 K5 and I will be receiving his 84 CUCV minus the axles. Keeping these trucks on the road does require spare parts once in a while! Money has been so tight lately that I was fortunate to find someone willing to do some trading! What did you have to give for that fine M1008 anyway? By the way, thanks for posting photos of the truck - especially the one of the jack and crank with the hold-down hardware!

Bozor1000

RE: congrats on the great win!

Well congrats on the new win. It looks a lot better than mine. I have the same seats and my bow for the top is not complete. Mine has a lot more PATINA (RUST) then yours. But welcome back to the CUCV CLUB!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: congrats on the great win!

Thanks guys. While I prefer not to bid and tell, I will tell you that it was very inexpensive compared to the 1008 prices I have been seeing for the last couple of years. There were a bunch that went off at the same time. That always helps to depress prices. I'll get my EUC paperwork in before the end of the day. Hopefully I'll have it home in a few weeks.

Blake

cucv

If you dont want anyone to know what you paid for it, you better edit the pic that has the lot number in the back window.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: cucv

Blake said:
If you dont want anyone to know what you paid for it, you better edit the pic that has the lot number in the back window.
Well, if they want to know that bad, then more power to 'em. I just don't like to seem like a braggart.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: cucv

Looks good Chris now tell us about the 5 ton! Maybe it will make it to Haspin next year.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: cucv

5-ton? What 5-ton? Why would you assume that there is a 5-ton just because I bought a Cummins 250? LOL

All in good time, Kenny :D The 1008 is going to be my shop truck for an upcoming project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks