• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm back in the Deuce

army_nurse

I recently had to sell my 5 ton truck, and had to go back on a deal on a m37 because I had to have a shoulder reworked again. I was at a Karis adoption charity event and my best buddy was there. I had given him my first deuce in 2011. He got married and moved to the big city a year later. We got to talking and he gave me the deuce back. Its a 1971 m35a2 hard top with Goodyear 395's on it. It has been sitting for over 2 years. A quick fluid check, a pair of fresh batteries, and a little snort of either and it started right up. It came up to temp nice and all the pressures were good. It had no brake pedal so I got a new air pack, master cylinder and wheel cylinders and I am in the process of replacing all the parts. I needed the brakes gone through. While changing the air pack out I noticed I have a dog bone that is bad. So there will be some dog bone replacement and I will also be swapping the 2nd seat out for a springer I have. I also will be installing a screw on fuel filter housing I fabbed up as well as new fluids all around. Once everything mechanical is up to speed I will be adding the dump kit and then paint. I taught my 19 year old son how to drive in this truck. My wife and I adopted our son Samuel so he too can learn to drive the same truck. Its a family tradition now. Let the good times roll.

P.S. Pics will follow at a later date.

dmetalmiki

Welcome back. Nice heartwarming story. Post up some pictures of the truck, and keep us up to date on the "new build" progress.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice to get back in a deuce , even nicer to get back into yours again ! Now you can't get rid of it , was meant to be .

army_nurse

I took the deuce for a spin on the ranch today. Drove well. I can lock up all 6 wheels after replacing the air pack and the wheel cylinders. I have to fix the 2 bad dog bones (so if anyone wants to throw me a bone or 2 feel free). I am going to do a fuel filter up grade like Rustystud just waiting on the 60 psi valve to come in the mail. Once that is all done I am installing the dump bed kit. Then a egt guage and then dual fuel tanks and then....................you know how it goes. Good day working on the deuce. I have Monday off too so I think I will be able to get some more done then as well....till next time .......happy driving!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks