• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm bypassing the FDC today

Streetgliderx

I have read all the write ups and one thing I keep missing is why to turn the screw on the front in .100 what is it's reason. Is this the screw that everyone says turn the nuts not the screw? Or is that in the IP cause I'm also installing boost and pyro today so I hope to dial fuel up as well.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it is the "screw"(actually a threaded shaft) that the nuts turn on to adjust maximum fuel rate.

Since you are installing a pyro at the same time, just run it after and see where your at(egt wise) and adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

welldigger

maybe i mis spoke,... the screw im referring to is on the FDC,
Doghead is correct. The fdc retards the max fuel rate depending on the viscosity of the fuel being run through it. When you bypass the fdc it defaults to max fuel. That's why some people need to turn their max fuel rate down after bypassing the fdc. As DH stated, if your installing a Pyro then see what your egt's are before messing with the fuel screw. You may be just fine.

Streetgliderx

Ok good deal. I got the pyro installed and max temps on a long mtn pull hit 1000 but for a short time. So don't let the actual threads on the screw in the FDC turn.

What about the threads and lock nuts under the square cover on the IP? Need to fool with them at all now? Also can that threaded screw turn and it's ok?

Streetgliderx

ok bypassing the FDC and hit a snag I got a ton of synflex line ad the slip on type fittings, has anyone used them with any luck or do I need to go find the compression type