• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Im Flumoxed.. Front Spindle Nut M1008

Abbylind

Ive got a guy who will trade my front hubs (M1008 ) for his dually hubs. I pulled the locking hubs and found the smooth nut with 4 notches. Went to NAPA and they sold me a socket that will work on "all DANA 60 axles up to 1 tons"...aaaaaah....wrong! The nut is bigger! Found another 4 prong socket...same size... I looked in the -20P it says "smooth nut"...but no size...
OK guys what size is this nut? Where can I find the right socket?

Thanks

Tried to post a pic....no joy

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OTC 7158 rings a bell. I have a new one around here somewhere if you can't find one local. Check e-bay also.

Iceman3005

got mine on ebay, it was used once "snap-on" I paid $50 for it, could try there. When I got it, it looked brand new. "Snap-on" part # is "S6146"

Last edited:

Iceman3005

What is wrong with what I paid? Snap-on is made in U.S. and it has a life time warranty. So I'm supporting American workers and if it ever brakes I can get a new one for free. The tools at the napa store near me are made in Taiwan, and they don't have any kind of warranty.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is wrong with what I paid? Snap-on is made in U.S. and it has a life time warranty. So I'm supporting American workers and if it ever brakes I can get a new one for free. The tools at the napa store near me are made in Taiwan, and they don't have any kind of warranty.
No offense intended, just a little pricey considering the OTC (US Made) can be had for $25-$30. At one time, there was only OTC making these (under various names) for everybody. And yes, even OTC and Snap-on have to import some items to be competitive.
I for one appreciate those who "Buy U.S.", as I try to also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks