• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm going to get in trouble with this thing...

So a friend gave me this old Fedral PA-20A siren.
I have owned them before and they are fun, so I decided to install it in the Deuce.
My main use for it is the PA function and music rebroadcast, the one wired to my CB just wasn't cutting it at 25 watts so I think this should do the trick.
Found the matching 100w speaker on CL and painted it up. Then I found the GE microphone on epay to complete the set.

VERY loud... Had the truck wound up in 3rd coming up hill and could hear myself clear as day on the PA function (half volume).
Siren tones are just a bonus (obviously will not use in traffic), can't wait to wire in the radio to play some Wagner...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Nice fitment of the siren kit. I have TWO in the 530C fire truck.(one has the intersection blaster). TWO in the M62 wrecker truck. (one of which is the so-me 17 effect unit). Great sounds.) One in the goat, two in the M54 Camper unit. And they ALL have the "lights to match". nice video from the other reply, I watched that film about 27 times way bak, still have the original musuc and the huge cinama poster.

jasonjc

So a friend gave me this old Fedral PA-20A siren.
I have owned them before and they are fun, so I decided to install it in the Deuce.
My main use for it is the PA function and music rebroadcast, the one wired to my CB just wasn't cutting it at 25 watts so I think this should do the trick.
Found the matching 100w speaker on CL and painted it up. Then I found the GE microphone on epay to complete the set.

VERY loud... Had the truck wound up in 3rd coming up hill and could hear myself clear as day on the PA function (half volume).
Siren tones are just a bonus (obviously will not use in traffic), can't wait to wire in the radio to play some Wagner...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ

As a CAV trooper, I have to vote for "Ride of the Valkyries" too. If you ain't cav you ain't

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As a CAV trooper, I have to vote for "Ride of the Valkyries" too. If you ain't cav you ain't
After this movie came out I was never able to ride in a Huey afterward without hearing it in my head.

The fact that I took door gunner training in Hueys in the early 1970's (the 101st Airborne Division had just got back from Nam when I got there) has made them my favorite chopper bar none and I have flown in a bunch of the newer ones.

I took the training at Fort Campbell, KY and the guys that were flying us around were the CAV pilots and a lot of them had flown multiple tours in Viet Nam. They would give you a ride for your money.:shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to admit, there seems to be a cult following to this type of equipment. After doing installs and updates for many years, I accumulated a fair stash of these, smart sirens and strobes. I've never once had the urge to install one on anything I own but when word got out that I had a stash, there was a steady line of folks aching to part ways with green cabbage. I did well on strobe light bars as well, getting rid of all of them before the LEDs were released.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a side note - make sure your state law doesn't say it is illegal to be 'equipped' with a siren, as in illegal to have it on the vehicle even if it is not being used.
Most states just say illegal to use on the road in a non-emergency vehicle, but some do prohibit even having one on there.

Now most cops couldn't care less unless you are acting the fool, but there is always that badge-heavy rookie running around somewhere.... ;)

Cheers

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reminds me of what I used to tell the 82nd Abn. guys that I was in charge of as a NG E7 in Iraq when they used to give me crap about being a "leg".
I'd tell them, "I have just as many Combat Jumps as you do, ZERO".
And to REALLY tick them off, I'd show them what I was making with my paid military leave from work, above my military pay.:p:naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks