• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'M IN LOVE lol No really I am!

Nuckollsinc

Well I have be lurking in the shadows looking and learning. I found a bobbed duece on a NC4x4 site that I decided I couldnt live without. SOO I sold my BMW and took the family to Wilmington NC and bought this rig. Then drove 278 Miles back here to Appomattox, VA driving 65-70mph and burnt 20 gallons of diesel. Smiling all the way of coarse. Well I think im in about 100 peeps camera phones now. SO I thought I would share.

Thanks Eric

Attachments

Nuckollsinc

Well what I know is that its a 1970 multifuel turbo motor,cab heater, winch of course, bobbed and hubs flipped, 52" michelins with Stazworks 2 piece custom wheels. Runs and drives GREAT BEYOND GREAT! I drove 65-70mph effortlessly interstate.

Heavysteven

How's the weight ratio off road? Does it sink with all that weight up front? Is that the fuel tank and battery box on the back? 65-70 MPH sounds fast, really fast.

That thing could go any where

Nuckollsinc

Havent had it out yet, Batts are under the passenger seat and the tank right behind the cab. I couldnt belive the speed it was great ZERO problems at all at 70mph had more in it also. Also the truck weighed out at 9100lbs.

Nuckollsinc

I had my buddy in his Tahoe with cruise set at 65mph and i just used him to set the speed and I could pass him with ease with no problems at all. Yeah the tires are 16.00 on a 20inch rim 14 inches wide. I like the look of the flat bed, dont know what to do yet.

saddamsnightmare

May 17th, 2010.

Nuckollsinc:

You have probably made the Guiness Book of Records for being the first guy to EVER get rid of a BMW for a deuce in any form, while completely (I presume?) sober......
I personally prefer a straight M35A2 Cargo or S404.114 Unimog over those squishy, twisty, sports cars, but then it takes real men to drive deuces...... And in Texas, you have to chase the ladies away from your Unimog or deuce if you're married, otherwise you'll never get to be President with that on your record.....(Reporter)" Mr. President, we have records that you picked up a lady with your deuce while out trolling for a pizza???? Is there any truth to that rumor, Sir?????" (John Edwards was probably slepping around in a deuce incognito when he got into trouble.... Ditto with the Big Bill.....)!!! (the foregoing aren't politics, gents, they are, however inserted here for laughsrofl:!:
N.B. That must be a heck of a jump to get into or otta the cab without steps.... Quite a buggy...!!!

Last edited:

number9

Nice looking truck. Those front fenders don't look like they'd last long off road though. Also, be aware that that truck is going to stop from 70mph MUCH slower and longer than the BMW ;)

6x6guy

Congrats on the truck- I take it your wife went along with it willingly- or should I say what it will cost you for future conderations.

Nuckollsinc

lol Well she rode with me instead of the nice dry tahoe. We got caught in a down pour for 50 miles of the trip. You know its kinda hard to see when the windshild is wet on the inside and outside. Of course after the rain quit I foigured out the wipers. Oh by the way where can I find new wiper blades?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks