• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm looking at getting the big bad 10ton. . .

Elwenil

Wow, you guys have been busy. 6 pages and the thread is only a couple days old, lol. Gimpy, I have to agree, the "troll" name certainly seems to fit here. I also have to comment on DDoyle being a "Southern Gentleman". I have to agree on that point also. This "Mike" guy sure seems like a young guy that doesn't have a lot of real life experience. I would also have started throwing stones back at him for some of his comments if they had been directed at me, but David simply put him straight and went on about his business. Also, DMA251 deserves some credit for being willing to give the guy a second chance after exchanging some stone throwing, lol. Just another few examples of the incredible integrity and willingness to help fellow members that this site possesses.

dma251

Elwenil said:
Also, DMA251 deserves some credit for being willing to give the guy a second chance after exchanging some stone throwing, lol. Just another few examples of the incredible integrity and willingness to help fellow members that this site possesses.
Aww, shucks..... I just thought it sounded kinda genuine (and kinda pathetic) that the guy would tell about how his pops wrote him off for being a know-it-all, after a total stranger predicted the same thing after reading just a few of his misspelled sentences. You gotta give the guy credit for honesty there at least.

In truth he's probably a decent guy who wants to get into the MV thing. It's just unfortunate that, like so many other folks, he's a complete BS artist also.

Oh well. It's good entertainment.

Recovry4x4 said:
As for me, my next project is going to be a chopped, channelled and sectioned 69 Hurst AMX with VW power for fuel economy! With the relative low power and pitiful dependability of the 390 Rambler motor, the VW is very appealing.
Kenny, If you really want to build up the AMX and want the dependability/power of the VW I have an offer you can't refuse. I have a turbo for that VW motor, ( I was going to build a sandrail) that is unused - NIB and you can have for free if you build this as you say. Only stipulation is you do a 3 color camo scheme - your choice of colors.
I'll even make up some HURTZ decals for you for it. :lol:

kcimb

Guys, we've been Sam'ed :D

One of the funniest SS threads in a while. Purely for the comedic humour madsam provided, but his lame insults to DMA and Ddoyle (who all took it in stride, I might add). And the whole comment by SS "Oh, well in that case, keep throwing rocks at the hornets' nest."

I can't access pirate 4x4 and stovebolt, could someone PM me the saved webpages? (Forums are banned here with the exception of SS! Amazing). I could use some more madsam comedic releif.

I are an intelectooyal

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
As for me, my next project is going to be a chopped, channelled and sectioned 69 Hurst AMX with VW power for fuel economy! With the relative low power and pitiful dependability of the 390 Rambler motor, the VW is very appealing.
Sorry, guys, but for some reason I find the following photo very applicable at this time:

Attachments

kcimb

maddawg308 said:
Recovry4x4 said:
Sorry, guys, but for some reason I find the following photo very applicable at this time:
Those must be some tough axles if they can support the weight of the deuce! They look like blazer axles...

M1075

kcimb said:
maddawg308 said:
Recovry4x4 said:
Those must be some tough axles if they can support the weight of the deuce! They look like blazer axles...
Those axles were swapped in place for better fuel mileage rofl

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think he'll be back. I think he's a kid that hopefully just learned a lesson.

Moving on... That Oshkosh Equipment truck is quite a sight. WOW beautiful. I wanna drive it home to AZ.... Just kidding :wink:

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whew! I lost track of this thread after deciding he was a BSer. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt when I asked if he didn't already have an M123A1C, but he never directly answered. His sig on stovebolt showed he owned like 8 trucks, so I thought "Well, maybe he really does have it, despite the fact that he says he's looking for one." Always go with the gut, I guess. Some people are just silly. And man, you guys are SLOW! ;)

This thread really did become entertaining though...

mitchellracing

im not gonna weigh in on stock restoring in o/d cause if ya buy it and pay for it with your own money dont bother me but i have seen 4 10 tons with 903s in them local loggin equipment dealer had them for sale about 3 months ago now i cant tell you if they where repowers or what have youe but they turbo 903s in them im planning on buyin 2 or 3 5 ton dumps and im gonna work em everyday theyll stay o/d but i have been thinkin bout 8ll 10 spd or 13 spd tranny upgrade just to make them usable on road and off road too but 250 cummins is great motor

123mack

I read the stovebolt link posted by jwaller. Mikey says the transmission is "a two stick 20 spd aka quadraplex". Either 1- he hasn't been in the cab and seen the data plate which shows it has a 5-speed and 2-speed transfer or 2- he can't multiply.This weekend I'll try to post some pictures of my M123 gasser. I have some rear wiring issued towork out and the restoration will be finished- finally.

Smokindieseldually

Well this is by far the most ridiculous post I have read on steel soldiers.....The first time I read this guy's post I knew wich way this thread was headed.I find myself checking in here every few hours or so just to read the latest public flaming of this user.And I must say judging by is attitude,his thaught process and his reluctance to answer questions he deserved exactly what he got.Now upon further investagation we realize he is posting pics of a truck that he does not own?hmmmm.....well i'd say he has lost any credability he may or may not have ever had.I have been reading his posts on www.stovebolt.com and they are far more outrageous than his stupidity here,posting his paint purchases,telling tales of loads he has hauled and his big dream of a re-power.Im sure everybody on this site figured out real quick this guy is a real flake.I am completley disgusted with this guy.The guys on this site are very knowlegable and all seem to be extremely passionate about olive drab steel, and to have some idiot like this on this site was a complete disgrace,but im sure privatley we all had a good laugh.Well i felt the need to vent and I did,I feel much better now,just my two cents worth.The worst part being after all this filth and dishonesty the guy cant even post a reply?hmmmm well I bet he's still reading this and just too embarrassed to post a reply!well mikey you disgust me I hope you feel good about being so patetic ,because you truly are a disgrace to this site and it's great members.By the way great story about your dads trucks,something tells me they dont exist...nice specs though..lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks