• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm Lurking!

cliffyp

Hello All! Recently became aware of the existence of the CUCV. I'm sold. I've been driving a '91 Volvo 240 for the past 5 years and I think a CUCV is just what the doctor ordered.

hole

Welcome to SS. 1008's have tall gears and top out at 55mph, 1009's have lower gears and run 65. Of course gears/ tires can be changed, but that's an additional expense. HTH

cliffyp

I'm definitely hooked on the 08s. I used to drive an '82 bronco and I loved that, but I'm wanting a truck. Topping out at 55 isn't a problem for me, I don't do any interstate hwy driving, and with my Volvo I don't go over 60 anyway.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Get a Deuce and you will be sure to keep it slower than the Volvo.

;-)

treessw

welcome to the site!!! Got into the cucv not long ago. Mainly because it was due to my broken foot and not being able to use a clutch with my cast. I love them for what I use them for. The M1008 is a great truck for work. Just picked up a m1009 for other plans and I have a addiction. These do come with some issues but nothing that cant be figured out due to the help of members here or your own skill. Good luck and welcome!!!