• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm Lurking!

cliffyp

Hello All! Recently became aware of the existence of the CUCV. I'm sold. I've been driving a '91 Volvo 240 for the past 5 years and I think a CUCV is just what the doctor ordered.

hole

Welcome to SS. 1008's have tall gears and top out at 55mph, 1009's have lower gears and run 65. Of course gears/ tires can be changed, but that's an additional expense. HTH

cliffyp

I'm definitely hooked on the 08s. I used to drive an '82 bronco and I loved that, but I'm wanting a truck. Topping out at 55 isn't a problem for me, I don't do any interstate hwy driving, and with my Volvo I don't go over 60 anyway.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Get a Deuce and you will be sure to keep it slower than the Volvo.

;-)

treessw

welcome to the site!!! Got into the cucv not long ago. Mainly because it was due to my broken foot and not being able to use a clutch with my cast. I love them for what I use them for. The M1008 is a great truck for work. Just picked up a m1009 for other plans and I have a addiction. These do come with some issues but nothing that cant be figured out due to the help of members here or your own skill. Good luck and welcome!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks