• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm new to this, Info please! M35a2

marcus1

I'm looking at a 1985 am general Duece and a half. I was informed that it had a 425 continental diesel. 311 whistler turbo. It has a 5 or 6 speed spicer tranny. With a two ratio transfer case (I think). Can anybody help me with helping confirm any of this info?

mcmullag

I just google any question or topic and find tons of info.
What specifically do you want to know? Check out the Wikipedia page on the deuce, etc
They were built from 1953 to 1989. First ones had a gas engine. The diesel, the multifuel, came out around 1965. The multifuel engine was built by; White, Continental, and Hercules. The 'C' turbo is the whistling version, the 'D' turbo is the little bit larger turbo and does not whistle loudly like the 'C' version.....yadda, yadda, yadda, ....... I have owned one with a White built engine and a Continental built engine. They're all good, just get one and have fun, lots to learn. Best of luck on your journey.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm looking at a 1985 am general Duece and a half. I was informed that it had a 425 continental diesel. 311 whistler turbo. It has a 5 or 6 speed spicer tranny. With a two ratio transfer case (I think). Can anybody help me with helping confirm any of this info?
465 multifuel
5 speed trans
2 speed transfer case

As long as it starts and runs good, you should be good to go.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard :) Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Here's a link to the top of THE DEUCE Forum here on the SS Website: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?20-The-Deuce Please feel free to start reading when you have some time to lie awake in your bunk. there are over 19,800 threads within THE DEUCE Forum. You've have LOTS to read.

Also, the SEARCH feature here is your friend. Type in your topic of interest and then click SEARCH.

Again.... W E L C O M E ! ! !

Carry on.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
465 multifuel
5 speed trans
2 speed transfer case

As long as it starts and runs good, you should be good to go.
If it is in fact a '85. It could be a older one with the 427 if the year is wrong. Many times these trucks are titled with the wrong year listed, it's something to verify if you can.

If it is a '85, it will be just like Gimpy said.