• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i'm off...

leaving this morning...Edmonton Alberta to dalhousie New Brunswick.About 10,000 k'm's
return...not counting running around.Taking the M-1010! got a line on a private MV collection in south ONT'.if i can get a view i'll get some pics.i'll be on the look out for mv's.

Merry Christmas! talk in a month or so.sooner if i can get hold of a comp' on the way.

almost there...

made it into brockville ont' last night...weather has been predictably bad.
highways were a mess from edmonton to the Soo'...police closed the hi-way at winnipeg/portage' due to blizzard conditions,but i found my way around on a secondary road.

snowing rather heavily right now,gonna stay put till tuesday.10" worth of snow/freezing rain/ice pellets down now and more to come.don't want to catch up to the storm in to remote an area.winds picking up too...spent this morning shoveling my uncles driveway,combined with snowblower made short work of it.

So far the m-1010 has performed well.as you would expect,the 6.2 desparately needs a turbo...it's a bit of a slug.m-1010's hate headwinds of any kind.
lost my throttle position sensor in winnipeg,but the computer has a default mode that allows the trans to function well...actually better than before.think i'm gonna leave it the way it is and see what happens.

If anyone is considering an overdrive for thier cucv,in any form,iether an ad-on box,a new auto,or a 5-speed...i can highly recomend it.makes the truck so much more usable.i cruise comfortably at 65 mph (assuming no head winds).
fuel consumption seems to be running about 15 mpg.about as good as i can expect.also,for a highway/ice-snow tire,i can vote the BFG a/t as excellent.not as good as a mudder in deep stuff,but great for more normal use.

hmburner...thanks for the invite,but your well off my intended route...maybe next time!
your collection wasn't the one...turns out my uncle (who works for the county,and seems to know everybody),found out about it.sadly the collection was parted out a few years ago.nothing survives except some parts vehicles.worth a look...i may get to look on my way back west.

came across a couple of surplus dealers locally with a few vehicles and trailers,and one just before saskatoon with what appers to be a large number of engine cans.looks like multifuels,but couldn't get a close look as he was closed for the week.he keeps an odd scedule.

more to follow in a few weeks. cheers!