• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm puting a power rear window on my M1009

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try the Chilton's manual for that vehicle, they're usually shown. If anything else, it's a good companion to the TMs.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to steal the thread, but I'm planning on doing this also. I have a friend with an '88 Suburban and the window regualtor between that and the Blazer are different. Has anyone tried this switch?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jimm1009 has done it too on his 09. God Bless you folks going to the PW. I have that same system in my 91 Burb and believe you me, as soon as I can I'm scrapping it for barn doors.

jimm1009

electric tailgate

Jimm1009 here and it is wonderful to have this option that the military ignored.
It is two power wires and one ground and all it does is switch polarity between the wires.
I am at work so I don't have the information but I can get it when I arrive home at 18:00 hrs. I do have the genuine chevy book at home so I can scan the page and send it to you as a PDF document.
I cut the body side plug from a wrecked truck and attached to my three wire harness so that I could remove the tailgate and not have to cut the wires as Chevy does in the factory.
I'll report back later tonight when I'm back in my A.O.
Jim :-D

jimm1009

tailgate wiring diagram

It just came to me. I "think" that they mean the vent windows.
Most cars andtruck do not have them anymore but they will fold out about 200 degrees or so.
Am I right out there?? Please tell me yes or no.

Anyway, as promised, here is the genuine Chevy wiring diagram for the electric tailgate window.
My tailgate came from a burned out GMC Jimmy which is the same as the Blazer but with a GMC logo instead.
It is a PDF document.
I purchased a 4 space add-on fuse block and powered the two circuits through it but there are many ways to go with that. The non-GM switch was a 30 amp reversing switch that I purchased at a truck stop for big trucks.
Regards,
Jim, aka jimm1009 :)

Attachments